Author Topic: Personalize roundcube  (Read 5969 times)

Offline samuelmf

Personalize roundcube
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
Hi, i have installed on my Linux Redhat Enterprise Server with Cpanel + Fantastico the roundcube script, all is ok, but.. here is the but.

Is possible to change the logo of roundcube to another logo.

The user 1: when logins to his mail will see his logo, same for the other users

Its possible?
It's legal?

I wait your answers!

Offline futurecis

• http://www.futurecis.com
Personalize roundcube
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
Yes!

All you have to do is either edit the html piece and change to your image you want to use or just replace the current image with the new one of the same name.

Image: ./skins/default/images/roundcube_logo.png

Or edit ./skins/default/includes/header.html

Offline samuelmf

Personalize roundcube
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »
Ty futurecis for the answer, but this change will not affect the other accounts of the server?

The thing that i want i that some user could change the logo of roundcube to their logo.

Is possible?

Offline futurecis

• http://www.futurecis.com
Personalize roundcube
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 05:36:23 PM »
Quote from: samuelmf;27835
Ty futurecis for the answer, but this change will not affect the other accounts of the server?

The thing that i want i that some user could change the logo of roundcube to their logo.

Is possible?

Anything is possible with enough patience and coding. Currently, RC does not support that capability. You would have to modify the source and write some kind of interface that would allow a user to upload (or pick from a pre-defined list) their own images.

Think about the following:
  • Where would the images be stored?
  • Where would the user upload them? (Need an interface in control panel maybe)
  • Write in constraints for image size

I am sure there is other things I am missing. But in short, no, RC doesnt currently do this; but it is possible to make it work.