Author Topic: $rcmail_config['create_default_folders'] don´t work  (Read 4994 times)

Offline poppetmaster

$rcmail_config['create_default_folders'] don´t work
« on: June 04, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »
Install the version 0.4 beta, works fine but users do not
could see the folders in the documentation said to put $rcmail_config['create_default_folders'] in the true
but neither option worked.

After searching and not finding any reason of error, install the
previous version 0.3.1 and this did not have that error.

Could indicate whether this new version you need something more than
change the true value $rcmail_config['create_default_folders']

Thank you

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:54:05 AM »
Default folders are only created on first login, so if you enabled this option after people had started using RC then it will not be applied for them, no matter if they had the default folders or not.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline markedwards

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »
This is a problem.  I have a user that for whatever reason moved or misnamed his Sent folder, and lost several weeks of sent mail because Roundcube was not able to save it.

Why doesn't Roundcube do a check for the existence of the default folders when it needs to use them, and if they don't exist create them?  That's the behavior of desktop email clients.  Roundcube should never just blackhole a sent message without making every attempt to save it in the proper location.

Is there a reason why this isn't implemented?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:54:28 PM »
There is a drop down on the compose screen which shows in which folder the sent message with be saved or if it won't be saved at all. There is a protect_default_folders option in your config which will prevent users from deleting or renaming any of the default folders from within RoundCube, of course they could do it from a different client but there is no way to stop that.

I'm not a dev so I don't know why default folders are only created on first login but I imagine its because not everyone will want them and if they are created every time then that would get very annoying very quickly.

I think really the only way someone could mess up their default folders is either if  protect_default_folders was set to false or the user is using multiple clients, in both cases I think it is responsible to expect a certain amount of common sense - it is impossible for one mail client to affect the behaviour of another.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline markedwards

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »
It's Roundcube's job to save a sent mail in the folder that is designated.  The reason for that folder being missing or named improperly is irrelevant; Roundcube should create the folder if it doesn't exist.  This is the behavior of all mail clients I have used.  Deleting sent mail should be considered a catastrphic failure.

I guess I'll file this as a bug.