Author Topic: pop3 account details  (Read 6507 times)

Offline storeyarmer

pop3 account details
« on: June 24, 2011, 01:39:47 AM »
Hi, im new to roundcube having just purchased a synology NAS drive. Ive got myself into a real pickle as i now cant enter pop3 account details, user email already exists. ive been messing around with adding identities and removing them, as i could recieve mail but not send it (smtp error -1) Any ideas how i can enter the pop3 account details on my user name please

I would be very gratfeul (as you can tell im not very tech savy)

smiles
Storeyarmer

Offline storeyarmer

pop3 account details
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 02:00:16 AM »
Apologies, as i have just realised ive posted this on the wrong board, sorry again :rolleyes:

Storeyarmer

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
pop3 account details
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »
RoundCube is IMAP only and doesn't support POP.

Offline storeyarmer

pop3 account details
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »
Hi skaero, thanks for your reply it is greatly appreciated (it's pretty 'cold' in the synology forums)

However i am somewhat confused as when i log in to the roundcude 'platform' on identities and settings there is a pop tab to add the server details, i cant find a tap for IMAP, if you have the time, energy or indeed the inclination i would be very grateful

smiles
Julian

ps i'd love to be in New Mexico right now, the weather is prettly naff here :-)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
pop3 account details
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
I'm not sure about the "pop" tab thats not in a default install. Are you using any plugins? How are you logging into RoundCube?

FYI: While NM has no rain or snow right now the smallest spark will turn into a vary large fire.

Offline storeyarmer

pop3 account details
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 12:34:52 AM »
skaero, thanks for the reply appreciated. Apologies but im logging in from the 'built-in' utility of OS of a Synology network attached storage device (DS211J) . Apart from my account not receiving mail the other issue i have is setting up other users. I have a domain name with 5 email accounts , when i try and configure pop for my daughters account (i.e. when i log into roundcube with her credentials) i enter all the pop server fields and it wont save, says user email already exists and it just baffles me completely.

Smiles
S

ps wish we could trade some our our rain for some of your sunshine.

Offline storeyarmer

pop3 account details
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 08:45:32 AM »
think ive sorted the issue with the email already existing :D but im not 100% on the reason :confused:

now error smtp [-1] .... anyone??  any ideas what im doing wrong :mad::mad:

smiles
S

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
pop3 account details
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 04:08:26 AM »
I'm not sure I can be of much help, it sounds like they have done a lot of modifications to RoundCube. The SMTP error your getting most likely means that RoundCube can't connect to the SMTP server, make sure that the details are correct and the SMTP server isn't being block by any firewalls.