Author Topic: change vpopmail password without mysql  (Read 3697 times)

Offline unicav

change vpopmail password without mysql
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
Hi just switched to roundcube a few months ago and LOVE it but now that I've had time to start tweaking and adding features I've hit a snag.
I'm trying to get the password plugin working and then I want to add a password reminder feature to send the password to an alternative email or the reset feature with the one time use link.
My system is Qmail/vpopmail/Dovecot/Qmailadmin/Roundcube 1.5.2.
I am not using mysql for vpopmail, so the passwords are not in the roundcube mysql users table but in vpasswd.
My setup (based on qmailrocks) also does not run vpopmaild and I hate to add that to the mix and have another daemon running on the system for the sole purpose of password changing.
So is there another method using dovecot or direct use of the vuserinfo and vpasswd commands to get/change the password from the plugin?

Offline fritz001

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 05:36:21 AM »
$rcmail_config['password_db_dsn'] = 'mysql://user : pass @ localhost/vdomains';

$rcmail_config['password_query'] = 'UPDATE domain_com set pw_passwd=ENCRYPT(%p,concat("$1$",right(md5(rand()),8 ),"$")),pw_clear_passwd=%p where pw_name=%l';

Offline unicav

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »
Different results but didn't work.

DB Error: connect: [Error message: Could not select the database: vdomains]
[Native code: 1044] [Native message: Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' to database 'vdomains']

Offline unicav

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »
Stumbled across another option that was just posted to the web a couple days ago:

Qmailadmin plugin for Roundcube | davidc.net

perfect for my setup since I'm using qmailadmin anyway.  Had it up and running in just minutes and works great.
It also manages the vacation reply through qmailadmin as well.
Only thing I'm missing now is a plugin to send a password reminder or change password link to an alternative email address