Author Topic: Need howto on WebDAV calendar subscription  (Read 6426 times)

Offline Mark Foley

Need howto on WebDAV calendar subscription
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »
I'm new to roundCube. I would like to subscribe to previous published Calendars using roundCube, but don't know where to start. Web commentary seems to drop me into the discussion mid-stream with the assumption that I already know what I want.

I've publish calendars via Outlook and have successfully subscribed to them from Outlook and iPhone. Now I want to do the same thing with RoundCube. Can it be done? If so, where do I start?

Offline mdryan

Re: Need howto on WebDAV calendar subscription
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:05:41 AM »
I haven't tried myself, although it's high on my wishlist. AFAIKT the best place to start is with this fork of the Kolab calendar plugin:

https://awesome-it.de/en/blog/2014/2/22/caldavical-support-for-kolab/

It's not heavily tested with the database backend (which we need to use to get it to work with a plain roundcube install), but then again nor is the original kolab plugin.

Offline Mark Foley

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:28:19 PM »
I'm back with one more shot at this question. My issue is more urgent now as our office is likely moving away from Outlook altogether.

Can or can not roundCube do calendars? I not only need it to do calenders (with appointments, reminders, etc.), but I need to be able to share the calendars via WebDAV or some such mechanism.

I appreciate mdryan's suggestion, but he's never actually tried this and no one who has (if they exist) has responded. I'm beginning to think that this is just no doable with roundCube. Yes / No? If so, can someone whose done this reply and point me in the right direction? THX

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 02:15:26 AM »
It is possible, but it is not simple. Kolab Groupware which integrates Roundcube and its great plugins including Calendar can do what you need, but you need a full suite installed, not just Roundcube. If you're willing to pay for the service there's great http://kolabnow.com (you can try it for free).