Author Topic: Hmail_Password problem  (Read 14833 times)

Offline mattfox27

Hmail_Password problem
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:39:45 PM »
Using .4 RC on IIS i have other hmail plugins installed and working but the password change just says "an error occured while saving"  I downloaded the latest version...here is my config file.

This is what error log says...
** mysql(mysql)://root:xxx@localhost/hmailserver in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Mail\program\include\rcube_mdb2.php on line 101 (GET /mail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.hmail_forwarding)
[29-Sep-2010 20:14:27 -0700]: Plugin hmail_password: Failed to create COM object `hMailServer.Application': Access is denied.
. This problem is often caused by DCOM permissions not being set.
Code: [Select]
<?php

/* hmail_password plugin */

// hmailserver database configuration
$rcmail_config['db_hmail_password_dsn'] = 'mysql://root:password@#@localhost/mail?new_link=true';

// navigation config (requires plugin settings @website http://myroundcube.googlecode.com)
$rcmail_config['settingsnav'][] = array('part' => '''locale' => 'settings.password''href' => './?_task=settings&_action=plugin.hmail_password''onclick' => '''descr' => 'hmail_password');

// user needs current password to perform change request
$rcmail_config['password_confirm_current'] = TRUE;

// password min length (min 6 digitis)
$rcmail_config['password_min_length'] = 6;

?>
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:37:58 AM by mattfox27 »

Offline rosali

Hmail_Password problem
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:34:55 AM »
Most likely the database connection string is wrong. Do you use external MySQL database?

Also this is an outdated version. Recent version uses hMailserver COM API and not
direct database access.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline mattfox27

Hmail_Password problem
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:02:22 AM »
You know what it was...Im running IIS i had to adjust the DCOM settings for Hmailserver...Here is a link.  In the instructions it says to set the internet guest account that doesn't work you have to set IIS_WPG and it works...If anyone is looking.  Win2k3 IIS6.

DCOM permissions

Offline funkyduck

Hmail_Password problem
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 01:42:03 AM »
Quote from: mattfox27;30399
You know what it was...Im running IIS i had to adjust the DCOM settings for Hmailserver...Here is a link.  In the instructions it says to set the internet guest account that doesn't work you have to set IIS_WPG and it works...If anyone is looking.  Win2k3 IIS6.

DCOM permissions

Here the same problem on an W2003ServerR2-IIS6.0 machine.

I tried you advice. Standard the Internet Guest Account (WEBSERVER\IUSR_WEBSERVER), wass allready fully allowed. When I add IIS_WPG group and allow everything, it still not works. For test I added EVERYONE and allow everything. Then it works!

But now, I think EVERYONE will not be the sollution :-X

Offline funkyduck

Hmail_Password problem
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 04:29:00 AM »
I kept searching and searching and found this error in de services log:

Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   DCOM
Event Category:   None
Event ID:   10016
Date:      7-10-2010
Time:      10:15:13
User:      NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer:   WEBSERVER
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D6567EF8-0A6C-48E7-9288-A2463123C2F3}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20).  This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

So I added the user "NETWORK SERVICE" in that DCOMconfig thing and allowed him.

Now it works again.

But can someone ensure me that this is the right and save sollution?

Offline mattfox27

Hmail_Password problem
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 08:13:36 PM »
Im not sure...I would think it would be ok but im not 100% sure.  If i remember the network service account was in my dcom settings by default.  I will look tonight and repost.

Offline linuxcrash

How to setup DCOM if running Roucube from a second server
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:30:48 AM »
Does anybody has an input on how I need to setup the hmail_password plugin if I have my hmailserver (hostname: hmail01) running on one vm and the roundcube webmail system (webmail01) on another vm?

For me it seems that the COM call:
Code: [Select]

$obApp = new COM(&quot;hMailServer.Application&quot;);

Is not recognized by the webmail01 server as it has no such component registered. For me this should be a remote call to the real hmailserver host and connect remotely to the dcom obejct of that server but I have no clue how to adapt the plugin to include this scenario!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline rosali

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:16:47 AM by rosali »
Regards,
Rosali