Poll

Do you like larry?

Yes!
15 (83.3%)
No!
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Do you like larry?  (Read 8371 times)

Offline derkim

Do you like larry?
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »
Hi,
yesterday I updated my roundcube to 0.8.
I never was unhappy with the old theme. Is it light, simple, bright and friendly.
In opposite the new theme for me. It is dark, messed and the colors are... strange.

Am I alone? Some one feels with me?
I will use ahead the classic theme. For the future I hope for a more light and brighter larry theme.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Do you like larry?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
I like larry but there are something I would like changed if I had made it. I also agree that the skin is a little on the dark side.

Offline oldschool

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:14:19 AM »
For me i noticed i need more and more a higher resolution to get a better look at all my mails.

Larry is cool and goes a different way. Thank the author for that.

Now another, third standard theme is required and all will be satisfied...
:D

Rgds.

Offline clifton10001

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:35:16 PM »
I really like the Larry skin!  It looks very modern, professional, and it's easy to use.

Many thanks!

Offline cbrace

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 02:57:45 AM »
I took a brief look at Larry and went back to Classic. I don't find Larry too dark as some here do, but I don't care for the blue color palette used. It needs more work to make it as clean and elegant as the old theme.

Offline steveg_nh

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:22:28 AM »
I like it, but wish the SEND buttons were on the far left of the compose screen, vs the right..

Other than that, it does waste a lot of vertical screen real estate vs the old skin. I'd say the actual email body is displayed about 25% lower on the screen now. This means more scrolling.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:57:50 AM by steveg_nh »

Offline bigears

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
There is toooo much vertical room. Annoying things:

1. Use smaller icons with words to right or no words.
2. Get rid of the top line and merge the logout in the line below. No need for Info (could be security risk) and Username.
3. The folders are spaced to far apart and many folders means lots of scrolling.
4. The amount of viewable mail messages are much less.

On a small screens Larry is not as efficient as the older skin. On tablets it is even worst.

A good start nevertheless.   

Offline trolrolo

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »
Start page is a little to dark (live Darth Vader). I'm using vacation plugin and in the settings in Aliases part ther interface is covered by vertical folder settings. Clasic interface is OK.

Offline LonelyPixel

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 02:37:58 PM »
No, I didn't like it at all. I thought I could give it a try after upgrading, but it is well over-designed to me. It looks like a gaming site, not like an office application. I had to do the effort and upgrade my modifications to the classic skin to keep it in the new version as well. (My mods only change some colours and images like logos. But that was again - as every time - a good amount of tedious work to be done! Comparing files and manually applying some changes to other files... Easy to get confused here.)

Offline steamer

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »
Yes, it is quite modern, however, the compose screen doesn't allow enough room, the From/To headings and - buttons take up too much space, I think you could move things around, I have changed the template and html and it works better on laptops.

Offline TonyPHX

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 06:08:44 PM »
User interfaces are one of those ongoing things that will ever be able to make everyone happy.  I for one think Larry has a very elegant and modern look.  Colors are darker, true, but to my eye, that gives the theme a very professional and crisp look.  I can live with it, and will use it gladly as my first preference.