Author Topic: Best mobile theme?  (Read 30698 times)

Offline Ooze3d

Best mobile theme?
« on: August 19, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »
Hi all,

I've been lurking the forums for a while since I installed RoundCube in my servers and now I decided to register. I'm using it with the "Accounts" plugin to handle my 12 imap mails and I couldn't be happier. I finally found the perfect way to have all my mails perfectly controlled in one place.

Now, the only problem I have so far is that the standard theme's perfect for computer work but it's too small for my mobile and it's quite hard to use on my ipad (message list scrolling problems, impossible to switch between accounts...). I'm looking for a good theme that's optimized for small touchscreens and it's also compatible with the accounts plugin. I came across Phoosa, but I've read a few bad reviews. Also I sent them a mail like a week ago and they didn't answer so, as nice as it looks, I'd prefer another one.

So what's the best mobile theme for roundcube out there in your opinion?

Thanks a lot!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Best mobile theme?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
I believe that currently that is the only mobile skin for RoundCube.

Offline cyberdan

• www.roundcubeplus.com
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
Hi Ooze3d, all our Roundcube themes also include a mobile version. Have a look at www.roundcubeskins.net. You can test the demo out with your mobile phone here: http://www.nutsmail.com/demo-roundcube/

The skin switches automatically between the desktop and mobile version depending on what device you are using.

I hope that helps. :)
Roundcube Skins and Plugins
www.roundcubeplus.com

Offline canobi

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 01:44:03 AM »
What about tablet-optimized skins? Something that would take advantage of 800x600 or higher resolution, but be optimized for touch input. Using a standard desktop skin on a tablet is a real pain, while mobile skins definitely look out of place on tablet's bigger screen.
Any plans from commercial vendors for such skins?

Offline Ooze3d

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »
Hi again and sorry for the delay in my reply.

I knew many themes from Nutsmail included mobile versions. That's why I was asking which one was considered better, even more noticing the lack of support from the creators of Phoosa.

But my main concern comes when using the mobile theme along with the Accounts plugin in order to change between accounts. Are Nutsmail themes compatible with that plugin?

Thanks a lot!

Offline cyberdan

• www.roundcubeplus.com
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:33:49 AM »
@canobi

Some of the desktop skins work quite well on a tablet. The w21 skin and corporate themes esp. We will develop a tablet skin though, just no ETA yet :)

@ooze3d

We haven't tested our skins with that plugin. However if you do find it doesn't work we can look into a fix for it.
Roundcube Skins and Plugins
www.roundcubeplus.com

Offline ineo

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
Hi all,

I've been lurking the forums for a while since I installed RoundCube in my servers and now I decided to register. I'm using it with the "Accounts" plugin to handle my 12 imap mails and I couldn't be happier. I finally found the perfect way to have all my mails perfectly controlled in one place.

Now, the only problem I have so far is that the standard theme's perfect for computer work but it's too small for my mobile and it's quite hard to use on my ipad (message list scrolling problems, impossible to switch between accounts...). I'm looking for a good theme that's optimized for small touchscreens and it's also compatible with the accounts plugin. I came across Phoosa, but I've read a few bad reviews. Also I sent them a mail like a week ago and they didn't answer so, as nice as it looks, I'd prefer another one.

So what's the best mobile theme for roundcube out there in your opinion?

Thanks a lot!

I also had some problems with the new default theme, I updated the accounts plugin and changed the style sheet now every is working great.
Do a search for iPad on this forum and you'll find my solution.

(here is the link: http://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php/topic,10136.0.html)

Grtz, iNeo
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:06:13 AM by ineo »

Offline RoundcubeSkins