Author Topic: New to plugin manager  (Read 5329 times)

Offline TechMonster

New to plugin manager
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »
I have plugin manager installed and generally working. If I turn on Show updates or check update plugins it goes to this url <domain>/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.plugin_manager_update&_warning=1 and gives me a connection reset. I have tired resetting the config back to default and it still errors. Any clues to as of why?
Thanks
Travis

Note. After first installing the update manager came up and had me download all the updated plugins. After that it stopped.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:03:46 AM by TechMonster »

Offline hokaido

Re: New to plugin manager
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »
I also have problem with plugin manager. But nobody wants to help:)
I can see the setting pat in rc, but no plugin were downloaded or updated.

Can you perhaps provide me you config.php so I can see if theres something wrong in my config?

Thanks

Stefan

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:54:46 PM »
I don't believe "nobody wants to help" is a true statement. As far as I can tell we've gone far beyond our means to help each person out there in regards to plugin_manager questions.

Perhaps reading the documentation could be a good starting point:
http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/plugin-manager#plugin_manager_configuration

Plugin Manager gives users the options to enable and/or disable plugins (at the user account level) while it helps admins to stay current with updates, up-to-date plugins, bug fixes, centralized downloads, documentation and recommendations. Plugin Manager does not modify your file system nor it will install plugins automatically.

As a preventive measure, we have included in the latest plugin_manager a generic config.inc.php.dist file so users can download and keep running their installs without properly configuring plugin_manager. Obviously, plugin_manager will still need to be properly configured to use it and take advantage of its features; config.inc.php.example carries the proper configuration example for plugin_manager.

Good luck!

Offline TechMonster

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:17:32 PM »
After having issues I took the default config and only changed the admin address and it still errors. I think it has to do with a plugin that is not configured and causing issues. I am gonna reset to default and add one plugin at a time and find out which one is causing the issue.

Offline TechMonster

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
I did read the docs. Couple times..

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »
TechMonster, then you missed the "Contact Us" form a couple times.

Please, download the latest plugin_manager and use the config.inc.php.dist file (copy it and rename it to .php)... that will allow you to install plugin_manager and get to Plugin Manager Center to download all our plugins. You will still need to use config.inc.php.example which carries the entire plugin_manager configuration if you want to really use it.

I could be wrong, but we have 6 different test servers to test our plugins before they are available in our mirror servers. I would dare to bet that there is no a single plugin in our mirror servers causing any type of issues with Roundcube's installations. Most likely you didn't configure your plugins properly.

Good luck and keep us posted.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:53:39 PM by Yoni »

Offline TechMonster

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »
The problem was Sticky_notes plugin. I don't use all the plugins is the problem. I didn't configure the SQL part of it. I resolved the issue by just removing the directory.
Thanks