Author Topic: How to Install Calendar Plugin?  (Read 27033 times)

Offline TBurton

How to Install Calendar Plugin?
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
Hi -
I have a shared hosting with KVCHosting and they have updated my roundcube to version 0.8.1 but now I would like to add the calendar plugin that is on the screenshots of the new version.  They have guided me to the file manager and roundcube folder that has the plugin folder with lots of other files inside of it, and I am ready to download the calendar plugin: http://git.kolab.org/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/tree/plugins but my download or extract icons are grayed out.  Do I need to open an additional folder in the plugin folder in order to have access to these icons so this plugin can be installed or do I need to copy/paste the files?  If needed, I can send a screen shot of my cpanel.  If you could share the string of steps and order of installation, I would appreciate it.  Thank you very much!

Offline Volnhar

• http://www.andrew.stoker.name/wp
Re: How to Install Calendar Plugin?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »
I'm not sure how the Kolab calender will work with a standard install of RC 8.1.

I think most people use the plugin manager and download the calendar from Rosali and use that with RC.

You can get the plugin manager plugin from here, once you have it you need to register the plugin in your main.inc.php, in the below section.

You will need to place the "plugin_manager" folder in your plugins directory. There are also some other items needed for the plugin manager to work, but the site has good instructions on how to get it all working. I suggest that you read through as once you have it set up it is very useful.

Code: [Select]
/ List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('global_config','plugin_manager',....);

Once the plugin is active, and you have added your user in as the admin as per instructions you will be able to download the latest plugins and can upload these to your plugins directory.

I suggest just using a few to start off with then add others one by one and make sure they work for you. It is much easier than loading a whole lot of new ones and finding, which one is a problem if you have any.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
You need to download the plugin from the website to your computer and then upload it to the server.

Offline TBurton

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:36:13 PM »
Thanks for the tips but if I install myroundcube plugin manager, then must I still also download the plugin for the calendar that is offered in the manager or is there a different way to enable these other plugins offered within myroundcube plugin manager?  I also would like the plugin that offers a continuous login or a remember me - is that also an option that is built in to the manager or will I have to download that one as a separate plugin?  Please advise so I don't make too many mistakes along the way!  Thanks!

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 05:56:53 AM »
Thanks for the tips but if I install myroundcube plugin manager, then must I still also download the plugin for the calendar that is offered in the manager or is there a different way to enable these other plugins offered within myroundcube plugin manager?  I also would like the plugin that offers a continuous login or a remember me - is that also an option that is built in to the manager or will I have to download that one as a separate plugin?  Please advise so I don't make too many mistakes along the way!  Thanks!
plugin_manager is the only direct way to get plugins from the mirror servers for MyRoundcube plugins. The bundle includes presistent login  and many more plugins such as idle_timeout (logout on inactivity), etc. There is a list of features (plugins) here: http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins

It's being updated by the way. There are some plugins in MyRoundcube bundle not yet included in that page. Give it a try and you might make your life easier finding plugins and keeping them up-to-date. :)

Good luck.

Offline TBurton

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 12:11:04 PM »
Thank you for your advice and good news that the persistent login is available - is that one the save password?
You also mentioned that Plugin Manager is being updated - if I go ahead and install the current version, will there be an easy way to transition to the newer version or should I just wait and if so, when is the projected date that the new version will be available ?

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 07:06:21 PM »
Thank you for your advice and good news that the persistent login is available - is that one the save password?
You also mentioned that Plugin Manager is being updated - if I go ahead and install the current version, will there be an easy way to transition to the newer version or should I just wait and if so, when is the projected date that the new version will be available ?
persistent_login is the plugin you are looking for. plugin_manager is being and will be updated. It does not break your installation or configurations once in place. You can update it by re-uploading and overwriting previous plugin_manager folder without causing disruption in your service and you will find yourself doing this often enough as updates such as localization files and other things become available. The latest version can always be downloaded from http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/plugin-manager. Once installed, you can download all plugins and updates from within your Plugin Manager Center.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:09:21 PM by Yoni »