Author Topic: Default host problem  (Read 9983 times)

Offline lucasnet

Default host problem
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:39:09 AM »
Hi,

I would like to ask about Default Host option. In previous version of roundcube function worked well. I have couple of domains but on one server (the same IP).
So it doesnt matter if I login to domain1.com or domain2.com. Login with @domain.com and password enough.

After update to 0.8, when set $rcmail_config['default_host'] = myserver.com; i cant login to any mail. I have to leave NULL and manually type default host every login.
Its confusing :)

What should I set ?

Offline SadKnight

Re: Default host problem
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:49:21 AM »
Maybe set:
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'myserver.com';

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:11 AM »
How about $rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost';

If the backend server is the same for all those hosted domains then you can login with username@domain.com without problems.

Offline lucasnet

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 12:59:03 PM »
Thanks! localhost helped :)

I dont know why when i set primary domain worked only with primary domain. On others i had 'login failed'.
Like i wrote, with previous version i didnt have a problem.

Offline brianhillphotography

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 01:30:00 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm having this same problem, but setting $rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost'; did not help.

I have RoundCube 0.8.1 installed on Apache2 with ISPConfig. I've set it up to be a global alias for "/webmail". I have 3 domains resolving to the same server, pwndhost.com, brianhillphotography.ca, itechnews.ca.

My server is "admin.pwndhost.com". I have an email account setup on "brian@brianhillphotography.ca". Whenever I try to login to RoundCube with "brian@brianhillphotography.ca" it just says "Login Failed" below.

Here's what the Mail.log file says:

Code: [Select]
Sep 18 22:24:42 admin dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<brian@brianhillphotography.ca>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=2943, secured
Sep 18 22:24:42 admin dovecot: imap(brian@brianhillphotography.ca): Disconnected: Logged out bytes=29/405

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 04:20:13 AM »
Enable imap_debug in RoundCube and post the log.

Re: Re: Default host problem
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 10:51:12 AM »
Enable imap_debug in RoundCube and post the log.
Thanks, I'll give this a shot once I'm at work and let you know how it went.

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »
So I enabled that option in main.inc.php and this was the result on the top of the page after I press the login button.

Code: [Select]
PHP Error in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/webmail/program/include/rcmail.php (970): Access denied for new user brian@brianhillphotography.ca. 'auto_create_user' is disabled
I'm not sure why it's doing this when this mail account is not a new account. I can access it via my phone's mail client, send and receive from it. So why am I getting an auto_create_user error when the user already exists?

Thanks!

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 12:19:52 PM »
Nevermind...

Problem solved.

I had "$rcmail_config['auto_create_user'] = false;" set in the main.inc.php file. I changed it to "true" just to see what would happen and it let me log in.

When I was initially going through the config I assumed that line meant that Roundcube would create an entire new mailbox for anyone that tried to log in with an account that didn't exist. Instead I guess what it does is just create a local Roundcube record for the mail client.

Thanks for the help!