Author Topic: Acounts plugin and iPad  (Read 5830 times)

Offline ineo

Acounts plugin and iPad
« on: August 31, 2012, 03:46:07 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for reading this message.

The accounts plugin can't be used when iPad users want to select a different imap account.
An iPad user can see the select button and when they want to select they are unable to activate
an other account because the selection disappears the selection pull down doesn't stay active.

Is there a solution for this behaviour?

When I looked at the plugin data I found that there is a accounts.js and I think the problem is in there
but I have no idea how to solve this. (yet)

Grtz iNeo

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
Re: Acounts plugin and iPad
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »
Please update your plugins. This issue has been corrected.

Offline ineo

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 02:19:27 PM »

Thanks for the information, can you give some extra information on what plugins need updating?

I installed settings, jquiery, qtip.

Any others?

Grtz, iNeo

Offline ineo

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »

I changed accounts to the latest version (4.1 - 2012-08-31) and now it is working fine on the iPad.

Thanks for the response

Grtz iNeo

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:21:22 AM »
Glad you figured it out. In order to update plugins next time you just need to visit Plugin Manager Center. Download updated plugins (they are checked for download by default), upload them back to your live server after unzipping them overwriting previous plugin.

Note: Pay attention to any release note, for example calendar plugin requires a small update in its database table since release versions 9.8.1 or higher. I you were upgrading from previous version then this change in your database it is necessary, otherwise, just ignore it :)

Good luck.

Offline ineo

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:53:36 AM »

Thanks for the support Yoni.

Regarding plugin manager.

I am lost, I can't seem to figure out what is, and what isn't possible with this plugin.

At first I thought it replaced the complete plugin framework within round cube, to find out it isn't.
Then changed my expectations, and thought it would be possible to configure the plugins, but that is also not possible.

So it function is only to check for new or updated plugins, download them and after that all is same as usual ?
config config.inc.php for every plugin you want to use and activate it with main.inc.php

Grtz, iNeo

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »
ineo,

We are dealing with php here. Mostly there is no Plug&Play. We have considered few things including interface management for many of our plugins. Unfortunately, this is something that has brought even greater concerns in regards of the fucntionality and the deployment of Rouncdube Webmail. The webmail is only an IMAP client, an extension of the back-end server. In real live scenarios management utility cannot be effectively done in the webmail GUI due to several factors. We decided to keep it simple as it is right now and even then we find many not understanding plugin_manager's real functionality.

Please, read http://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php/topic,10120.msg40585.html#msg40585 for some more details.

Cheers.

Offline ineo

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »

Thanks for the information, and without doing injustice to the plugin it is a way to keep all your plugins up to date.

After that you still have configure it and enable it within main.inc.php.

I can imagine that it is a hell of job if you would also add the options to enable,
configure and describe a framework where al plugin developers could make use off.

Again, thanks and good luck with the development.

Grtz, iNeo