Author Topic: Timeout by sending Emails but Email send  (Read 4359 times)

Offline blue

Timeout by sending Emails but Email send
« on: December 10, 2006, 02:23:55 PM »
I have a very confused when i'm sending an email. The email will be send over STMP but on the screen it hangs on "Email will be send" then nothing. On the Apache Error Log, there is nothing.

Does anybody has a solution for me.

I found this Problem on the forum but with no answer.

Something special on the Webserver. The Web runs with suEXEC.

Thanks for you help

Offline evsource

Re: Timeout by sending Emails but Email send
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 07:39:33 AM »
I seem to get this same problem. Sometimes, I hit the send button, it says it's sending the message, then the green sent message banner never appears and it just sits there with my message staring me in the face. If I hit send again, it just does the same thing and never sends. If I log out, log back in, and create the message again, it will almost always send (but not always). I've been able to repeat the "bug" under IE and Firefox (1.x version and 2.0).

Offline owenhau

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 04:27:39 AM »
I've the same problem.
I think roundcube have her own log file in /logs.
I found that there was an error in sql query
[19-Dec-2006 17:11:13 +0800] DB Error: DB Error: no such field Query: SELECT identity_id, name, email, signature, html_signature FROM  identities WHERE user_id='1' AND  del<>1 ORDER BY `standard` DESC, name ASC [nativecode=1054 ** Unknown column 'html_signature' in 'field list'] in /netserv/wwwroot/vhosts/webmail.heha.org/docs/rcm/program/include/rcube_db.inc on line 501
I've try to have a look in the rcube_db.inc file...but...I want to learn more PHP programing from Brett...oh...
So I just modify the database table "identities" and add a column call 'html_signature' (Datatype is TEXT and allow null)...then the problem solved.
(ALTER TABLE `roundcubemail`.`identities` ADD COLUMN `html_signature` TEXT;)

About more, there was an error when fetch the sender identity so the SMTP server rejected the email without sender info.

Offline codybaker

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 09:56:01 PM »
I'm having the problemalso. My database is setup correctly and contains the html_signature field. I've noticed it only in Firefox. In the error log i get this message:

[29-Dec-2006 21:36:12] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in /var/www/webmail/program/include/rcube_shared.inc on line 143

I pulled it open with the fiddler proxy and it looks like it's sending a new line before sending the doctype.
Code: [Select]

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN&quot; &quot;[url]http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd&quot;>[/url]

Offline EskiMag

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 04:17:54 AM »
Hello. I have same problem as you. I tried every solution I found here, but nothing works for me. Could anybody help us ? :-(

Offline limats

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:57:36 AM »
Same problem here.

I think roundcube hangs when it trys to move the message in the sent folder.
All my messages receive at their origin but they appear only in my sent folder, if I become a positive status message after hitting the send button.

I also noticed that the problem has something to do with the length of the message. The limit is at about 1180 characters in the message body. One character less and it always works. One character more and it never works.

Perhaps this helps finding a solution.