Author Topic: [0.8.1] Cannot create SubFolders of INBOX  (Read 8647 times)

Offline paZ

[0.8.1] Cannot create SubFolders of INBOX
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
hello everyone :D
I use hostmonster hosting, and i successfully installed my own roundcube 0.8.1 installation..
But there is a problem, when i try to create  a subfolder of INBOX, i haven't the options in the menu.

instead in the installation of Roundcube provided by hostmonster i can select inbox and make a subfolders

i think that is a configuration problem, but i didn't found the right param. in the main.inc.php file..

best regards
paZ

Offline paZ

Re: [0.8.1] Cannot create SubFolders of INBOX
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:48:16 PM »
any help?  :(

Offline alec

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 06:49:45 AM »
Not every IMAP server supports subfolders of INBOX. Enable imap_debug in Roundcube and provide the log.

Offline paZ

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »
The imap server is the same but the roundcube version are different, one is provided by hosting and the other is mine..

by the way i create a subfolder with hosting panel and this is the log when i go into that subfolder. ( system error reporting 8 = trace)
link zerobin (online clipboard)
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?032ee137dc99756e#/Vq0xnPZ2U5mBaGxs5AdjisOXmLA0ViloWPBIL6Qnsw=
As you can see i can go into INBOX.prova that is a subfolders, but i can't create from the settings panel..
btw the previous installation of roundcube work with the creation of subfolders..

p.s. i attach the log
p.p.s. no errors log

Offline alec

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »
When IMAP server has only one personal namespace, folders are created under this namespace and are displayed without a prefix. So, in your case when you create a folder without selecting a parent, the folder will be created as a subfolder of INBOX, but displayed as a top level-folder. You can't change that and I wouldn't call this a bug, it's a feature.

Offline visionfriendlycom

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »
This "feature" is unexpected behavior and makes migrating to RoundCube harder.  As such, we will not be selecting RoundCube due to this "Feature" that I believe was labeled as a bug correctly.