Author Topic: Authenticate in IE9  (Read 3939 times)

Offline theshado

Authenticate in IE9
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:31:45 PM »
Does anybody know what the issue could be causing IE9 to not auto login after firing the authenticate hook?  I am trying to auto-login for my users, which works fine for everything except IE9.  It also works fine for IE9 in compatibility view.

What happens is authenticate *does* fire fine (even in IE9), but instead of actually logging in, IE9 goes to the login page.  It doesn't fire the fail hook or anything, so I don't know what could be happening here.  Hopefully somebody out there has seen this issue and knows whats up.

in my init I have:  $this->add_hook('authenticate', array($this, 'authenticate'));

and for the sake of argument, a snippet of the authenticate function:

Code: [Select]
function authenticate($args)
{
      $pwd = $r['mail_password'];
      $args['user'] = $r['mail_username'];
      $args['pass'] = $pwd;
      $args['host'] = $r['mail_servername'];
      $args['cookiecheck'] = false;
      $args['valid'] = true;

return $args;
}

I have tried hardcoding those user/pass/host values as well just to make sure and still the same problem.

Thanks for any help folks, it is greatly appreciated!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Authenticate in IE9
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:53:59 PM »
I haven't seen this behavior, are you getting anything in the RoundCube error log?

Offline theshado

Re: Authenticate in IE9
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 03:43:19 PM »
I get absolutely nothing in the error log.  When I replace the password with something invalid on purpose, it returns an error as expected.  The authenticate function is calling and returning just fine, so whatever happens afterwards is where the problem is for me.