Author Topic: Submit RoundCube credentials to external application  (Read 3631 times)

Offline gadago

Submit RoundCube credentials to external application
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »
Hi

I am looking to submit the credentials used to login to roundcube to and external application. To explain further, I have successfully managed to add a custom link to the taskbar at the top right by editing ../skins/default/includes/taskbar.html which uses a small bit of javascript to open a new window to my external application.

The external application has a form with:

Code: [Select]
<input class="fieldinput" type="text" name="username" id="username" size="20" />
<input class="fieldinput" type="password" name="password" id="password" size="20" />
<input type="submit" name="Submit" id="submit" value="Submit" />

What I would like to achieve is to be able to click my custom button on the task bar, open a new window to the application, pass the credentials from roundcube to those fields, and submit the form automatically logging the user in. Can this be done? The external application is running on another domain (url) to roundcube. Any help much appreciated.

This is my first post to this forum, apologies if this is the wrong place the post, I couldn’t seen any other category best to post the question.

Many thanks
-G

Offline gadago

Re: Submit RoundCube credentials to external application
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »
Anyone got any ideas on this?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Submit RoundCube credentials to external application
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »
It would all depend on the other application.