Author Topic: forgotten password  (Read 21280 times)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: forgotten password
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 04:27:06 AM »
i guess you mean in the password plugin. that is just an example. for the password_query config optoin you need to set what ever SQL statement is needed to update a user's password in your users database.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline andrewjs18

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
ok, so I got the password plugin working and the forgotten password plugin is also installed and partially working as well.

how do I add a forgotten password link to the main roundcube login page beside the 'login' button?  in the readme with the forgotten password plugin, it says to activate the taskbar plugin, but I can't find that plugin in the repository.  it then says that you could also modify the js/forgot_password.js file to append the link.  I'm not too familiar with what needs to be changed.  Here's the file in question:

Code: [Select]
function forgot_password(){
  if($('#rcmloginuser').val())
{
  document.location.href = "./?_task=settings&_action=plugin.forgot_password_reset&_username=" + escape($('#rcmloginuser').val());
}
else
{
  rcmail.display_message(rcmail.gettext('forgot_passworduserempty','forgot_password'),'error');
}
}

$(document).ready(function($){

$('#taskbar').append('<a class="home" id="forgot_password" href="javascript:forgot_password();">' + rcmail.gettext('forgotpassword','forgot_password') + '</a>');

});

any help is appreciated.

Offline rosali

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 04:10:47 AM »
Which forgotten password plugin do you use? Please post the download link.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline andrewjs18

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 01:54:08 AM »

Offline andrewjs18

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 02:19:26 AM »
bump.  does anyone know how to get the forgotten password link to show up on the main roundcube login page?

the readme for the plugin says to modify the js/forgot_password.js file if you're not using the taskbar plugin (which I'm not at this time).

here's the code of that .js file:

Code: [Select]
function forgot_password(){
  if($('#rcmloginuser').val())
{
  document.location.href = "./?_task=settings&_action=plugin.forgot_password_reset&_username=" + escape($('#rcmloginuser').val());
}
else
{
  rcmail.display_message(rcmail.gettext('forgot_passworduserempty','forgot_password'),'error');
}
}

$(document).ready(function($){

$('#taskbar').append('<a class="home" id="forgot_password" href="javascript:forgot_password();">' + rcmail.gettext('forgotpassword','forgot_password') + '</a>');

});

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 06:07:38 AM »
Change the #taskbar to the identifier where you want the link to show up.

Offline andrewjs18

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
Change the #taskbar to the identifier where you want the link to show up.

that's the thing, I don't know what identifier it is.

I'm trying to place the link to the right of the login button on this page:

Offline andrewjs18

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 04:44:14 PM »
ok, I got the plugin to append the link on the login page - not where I want it to be at, but it's there - and tested it.  it doesn't appear to work properly as it sends blank emails to the secondary email account listed in the settings.

do you know if there's a better, more updated, forgotten password plugin, skaero?