Author Topic: RoundCube & Plesk Panel 11  (Read 25317 times)

Offline Mr_Online

RoundCube & Plesk Panel 11
« on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:51 PM »
How to setup RoundCube for Plesk 11?

Offline GBeach

Re: RoundCube & Plesk Panel 11
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:59:22 AM »
Here's how I installed Roundcube 0.8.4 in Plesk 11 on CentOS.

• Create a new subscription with domain name roundcube.local.
  • Upload Roundcube to the httpdocs directory of the roundcube.local domain.
  • Open the control panel for roundcube.local.
  • Create a database roundcube_local.
  • Create a domain alias for one of your domains webmail.yourdomain.com pointing at roundcube.local.
  • In your browser go to webmail.yourdomain.com and configure Roundcube.
Once you have Roundcube configured and running there are two options:

Option A - Manually set up webmail for other domains:
  • Create domain aliases for any other domains you want to set up with webmail.
  • If you want to force https then upload the attached .htaccess file to the root of the httpdocs directory for roundcube.local.
Only domains with aliases will be able to use webmail.domainname.com.

Option B - Automatically set up up webmail for other domains (must have root access):
  • Upload the attached vhost.conf and vhost_ssl.conf to the conf directory for roundcube.local.
  • If you want to force https then uncomment lines 4-6 in vhost.conf.
  • Remove the domain alias created in step 5.
All current and future domains on your server will be able to use webmail.domainname.com.

I think that includes everything I did.  Let me know if you have any problems.

Offline nwtech

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »
Hi GBeach,

Thanks for the simple walk through. I seem to be stuck on something, maybe you or someone else can offer advice on the topic?

I'm stuck on step 5. However if I use the Site Viewer for roundcube.local in Plesk, I can see roundcube but I cannot log in with any of the emails I've set up with my domains. I am also not able to resolve webmail. on any of the domains. Do I need to setup CNAMEs or A records in the plesk panel for the domains or on roundcube.local?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Offline GBeach

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:13:39 PM »
I'm stuck on step 5. However if I use the Site Viewer for roundcube.local in Plesk, I can see roundcube but I cannot log in with any of the emails I've set up with my domains. I am also not able to resolve webmail. on any of the domains. Do I need to setup CNAMEs or A records in the plesk panel for the domains or on roundcube.local?
To add an alias, go to the "Websites & Domains" tab in Plesk and you will see "Add New Domain", "Add New Subdomain" and "Add New Domain Alias".

Click on "Add New Domain Alias" and enter an alias such as webmail.yourdomain.com.  Be sure to uncheck "Mail service"

If you do not have a wildcard DNS entry then you will need to add an A record for the domain alias you just created.

I hope that helps.

Offline nwtech

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply GBeach.

I finally got it working using your first option of domain aliases (I wasn't able to successfully get the non-alias way to work). However I'm having two issues.

• I can't email any address outside of my server
  • I'm utilizing the password plugin and I'm unsure which driver should be utilized. I tried 'sql' and 'poppassd' both of which seem to let the change password function, however, upon attempting to change the password, I get an error that reads, "Could not save new password"

Any ideas?

Offline GBeach

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 10:39:44 PM »
I finally got it working using your first option of domain aliases (I wasn't able to successfully get the non-alias way to work). However I'm having two issues.

• I can't email any address outside of my server
  • I'm utilizing the password plugin and I'm unsure which driver should be utilized. I tried 'sql' and 'poppassd' both of which seem to let the change password function, however, upon attempting to change the password, I get an error that reads, "Could not save new password"

Any ideas?

• Off the top of my head I would review your smtp settings in your Roundcube config.  Are the emails bouncing back or just disappearing?  You might want to check your spam filter settings.  Turn off all filtering and if that solves the problem then add them back one by one until you find the culprit.
  • I haven't used the password plugin so I'm not too much help there.  I'm sure there's someone else here can help you out.

Offline GBeach

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 10:43:42 PM »
I've created an article that describes how I've installed Roundcube on a Plesk server that I will also be posting to the Plesk forums.  Let me know if you have any comments/suggestions.

http://www.gregbeach.ca/how-tos/463-install-roundcube-in-plesk-11-and-centos-6-x.html

Offline Happyfeet

AW: RoundCube & Plesk Panel 11
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 01:11:44 AM »
Hello,

I have setup Roundcube. Everything works but the Theme is broken.
The the pics.

And that is the output from the installer

Check config files
main.inc.php:  OK
db.inc.php:  OK
Missing config options

temp/:  OK
logs/:  OK
Check DB config
DSN (write):  OK
DB Schema:  OK
DB Write:  OK
DB Time:  OK

These files may expose sensitive configuration data like server passwords and encryption keys to the public. Make sure you cannot access this installer from your browser.

geschrieben mit dem Android 4.2.2 powerd HOX

Offline diegodl

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »

If you do not have a wildcard DNS entry then you will need to add an A record for the domain alias you just created.

Where i must create an A record for the domain? Under roundcube.local subscription or under mydomain.com subscription?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:40:51 PM by diegodl »

Offline GBeach

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 11:43:08 PM »
Where i must create an A record for the domain? Under roundcube.local subscription or under mydomain.com subscription?

Sorry, I didn't see your response until now.

If you haven't already solved the problem it depends on where your domain (not website) is configured.  It's either in Plesk or your domain registrar.  If you're having trouble figuring it out then contact your registrar.  I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Offline sign58

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 09:25:09 AM »
Hello I would like to know how you can customize the appearance of roundcube on Parallel Plesk version 11.5.30 installed on Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS to insert your own logo and link to get it on all domains webmail.
Thanks
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:30:26 AM by sign58 »

Offline GBeach

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »
Hello I would like to know how you can customize the appearance of roundcube on Parallel Plesk version 11.5.30 installed on Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS to insert your own logo and link to get it on all domains webmail.
Thanks

I assume you are using the Roundcube installation within Plesk.  I'm still using my custom install from the pre-11.5 days so I don't have any experience with how Plesk has installed it.

However, if you can find the directory where Plesk has installed Roundcube just go to the skins/larry/images directory and replace the file roundcube_logo.png with your logo.  Be aware that if Plesk updates Roundcube it may overwrite your logo so you should check it after every update.

By "link to get it on all domains webmail" I assume you mean how to get Roundcube to show up using webmail.whateverdomain.com.  If you're using the Plesk Roundcube and DNS config then everything has already been set up for you.  If you are using an external DNS then you will have to add an A record for the webmail sub domain or create a wildcard *.whateverdomain.com and let Plesk handle it.

I hope that helps.

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 12:27:45 AM »
However, if you can find the directory where Plesk has installed Roundcube just go to the skins/larry/images directory and replace the file roundcube_logo.png with your logo.  Be aware that if Plesk updates Roundcube it may overwrite your logo so you should check it after every update.
You should set the login using the skin_logo option in the main.inc.php file instead of overwriting skin files.

Offline GBeach

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 02:26:03 PM »
You should set the login using the skin_logo option in the main.inc.php file instead of overwriting skin files.
Of course, you're right.  In 99.9% of the cases updating the main.inc.php is the preferred method.

Unfortunately I'm in the 0.1% as I have different logos for different skins so I have to upload them to the corresponding skin directory.  But it's not a method I should promote if it's not required.