Author Topic: Access Email Programmatically  (Read 4938 times)

Offline vagwada

Access Email Programmatically
« on: November 05, 2012, 02:27:31 PM »
I am seeking a way to have automated tests send and retrieve email using C# programatically without having to open a browser. Does the RoundCube API expose any such functionality? If not is it possible to write a plugin that will make this possible?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:29:27 PM by vagwada »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Access Email Programmatically
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
I guess you could technically make a plugin to do something like that, but it would be far easier to use native C# IMAP and SMTP libraries.

Offline vagwada

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »
Is there any documentation on accessing RoundCube this way? We were using GMail's API at one point but it kept changing and breaking our tests. Due to security restrictions we now have to use internal test accounts in RoundCube but I'm puzzled as to how to access it from code and can't seem to find any examples anywhere. Any help would be most appreciated...

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »
No you'd need to make a plugin. I'm still not sure why you want to go through RoundCube, RoundCube is just a webmail client that connect to a mail server it would be far more efficient to connect your application directly to the mail server.

Offline vagwada

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 10:37:46 AM »
Okay - I think I get it now. I thought that RoundCube was the whole stack i.e. Server & Client. I'll look into this furtehr on my end.

Thanks!