Roundcube Community Forum

Clicking on subject does not open message body

Started by gruessle, July 08, 2006, 02:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gruessle

Hello

I have installed RoundCube and really like the looks and all however when I double click on a subject the thinking box on the upper middle saying "loading" appears but then it stops and the message does not open.

So I can't read the body of my emails.

I have installed RoundCube on a up to date Debian Sarge and use dbMail v2.16 for imap.

Because I have read somewhere that you are using Ilohamai's imap interface I tried Ilohamail to see if it has something to do with dbMail but it works fine with Ilohamail.

I know it also isn't my browser (FireFox) since it does work on your demo site.

I have setup a test email on my server and would be glad to give you the password so you can try for your self if you let me know how I can get the password to you.

Thanks for this great product I hope we can get this solved so I can enjoy it too.

Demi

gruessle

That didn't fix it.

/roundcubemail# svn update
U UPGRADING
U config/main.inc.php.dist
U INSTALL
U CHANGELOG
U program/include/rcube_imap.inc
U program/lib/imap.inc
U program/localization/nl_NL/labels.inc
D program/localization/fr/messages.inc
A program/localization/fr/messages.inc
D program/localization/fr/labels.inc
A program/localization/fr/labels.inc
U program/localization/it/messages.inc
U program/localization/it/labels.inc
U program/js/common.js
U program/js/app.js
U program/steps/mail/check_recent.inc
U program/steps/mail/upload.inc
U program/steps/mail/func.inc
U program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc
U program/steps/mail/compose.inc
A skins/default/images/cleardot.png
U skins/default/images/icons/remove-attachment.png
U skins/default/mail.css
U skins/default/templates/compose.html
U index.php
Updated to revision 274.

trolley

gruessle

No I don't get a blank page.
The thinking box up top just stops "loading" and the page sits there unchanged.

urbanx

does the message you're opening have a large attachment? roundcube (at least through the 5/5 cvs, which is what i'm running at the moment) tends to choke on large attachments.

gruessle

No it does not have an attachment at all, besides it isn't just one message none of the messages open I mean I tried like 10 of them.

But what I have just noticed is that the thinking box up top doesn't stop and freeze any more it finishes the job and disappears, but the messages still don't open.

dandus

Quote from: gruessle No it does not have an attachment at all, besides it isn't just one message none of the messages open I mean I tried like 10 of them.

But what I have just noticed is that the thinking box up top doesn't stop and freeze any more it finishes the job and disappears, but the messages still don't open.

I have the same problem here. RoundCube running as follows:

WinXP SP2
Apache/2.0.55 (Win32)
PHP/4.4.2RC2-dev
hmailserver 3.3-B57
MySQL 4.0.26-nt

gruessle

Sorry but I can't help you.
I got RoundCube still installed but got no fix for this.

moskita

Hi,

I'm having the same problem - can't see message bodies.
I have this only with one type of messages - automatic emails sent from oscommerce shop.

Messages are without attachments, I have memory_limit set to 128MB, webserver run with Apache/2.0.54 on Debian, php 5.1.4.

Is it possible that RC verify somehow message headers and in some case don't open it?

Header of invisible message:
Return-Path: <anonymous@smtp.myserver.com>
Delivered-To: [email]myserver.com-sklep@myserver.com[/email]
Received: (qmail 24445 invoked by uid 753127); 24 Jul 2006 11:48:15 -0000
Date: 24 Jul 2006 11:48:15 -0000
Message-ID: <20060724114815.24444.qmail@smtp.myserver.com>
To: &quot;Zam&#1014373;nie ze sklepu&quot; <sklep@myserver.com>
Subject: Przyj&#44335; zam&#1014373;nie
HTTP-Posting-Client: 81.32.92.111
HTTP-Posting-URI: myserver.com:80/sklep/checkout_process.php
HTTP-Posting-User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Avant Browser; Avant Browser; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary=&quot;=_3125ac8ee1a457b565a3940a03ca66b9&quot;
--=_3125ac8ee1a457b565a3940a03ca66b9
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&quot;iso-8859-2&quot;>
<META NAME=&quot;Authors&quot; CONTENT=&quot;[url]http://www.oscommerce.com&quot;[/url]
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

vivitron

Greetings,

I'm having the same issue - I traced the problem and posted a message a while back but had no response - here is my message:
http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=214.0

I've just updated again - same issue. This issue has existed for a long time now.

Sincerely,
Dustin

jonram

I had a similar problem that when I dclicked the message to open it I got a blank page.

When I looked into the logs/errors log file this is what I saw:

PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /var/www/webmail.mydomain.com/program/include/main.inc(1102) : regexp code on line 1
[31-Aug-2006 08:55:29] PHP Fatal error: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Failed evaluating code:
rcube_xml_command('object', 'name="mailboxlist" type="select" noSelection="moveto" maxlength="25" onchange="rcmail.command(''''moveto'''', this.options[this.selectedIndex].value)" class="mboxlist" /') in /var/www/webmail.mydomain.com/program/include/main.inc on line 1102

This is the pieace of code and where you see the first $output that's line 1102:
function parse_rcube_xml($input)
 {
 $output = preg_replace('/]+)>/Uie', "rcube_xml_command('\\1', '\\2')", $input);
 return $output;
 }

I found no answers in this forum so I googled for some clue and found this: "This is a php bug. See: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=33200 and turn off magic_quotes_sybase."

So I went and edited my php.ini file and turned off magic_quotes_sybase but roundcube went broken arrow. Then I decided to turn off all the magic_quotes bits and BAM! everything worked like a charm.

Hope this helps.