Author Topic: Message compose autocorrect problem?  (Read 3833 times)

Offline DiscoNova

Message compose autocorrect problem?
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:40:20 AM »
I just upgraded to 0.8.3 (or rather, removed my old installation and installed the new one from scratch) and otherwise everything is working like before, but Im havin big trouble composing new mails.

More specifically, when I start writing a recipient address, the autocomplete-feature kicks in and clears the entire form. If I had written the body first, it is gone also. I've found a kind of workaround; copy-paste the address in the correct field and quickly switch focus into another field before the autocomplete is finished. Very tiresome method and certainly not something I'd expect my users to do.

In the earlier version I had no problems like this.

Any suggestions?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Message compose autocorrect problem?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 06:47:59 AM »
I think your having the same problem as I mentioned here: http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1488802

Offline DiscoNova

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:38:02 PM »
Yes, the syptoms do appear to be pretty much identical (and I can also confirm that at the moment, my net connection is very slow, so even that symptom is spot-on).

The fix seems like a rather easy one. Too bad the release version of app.js is "compressed", as this makes finding the correct piece of code a bit more difficult (seeing that I don't feel vomfortable just taking the latest version out of GitHub and slamming it in place; I believe other things have changed too) but not impossible ;)

Offline DiscoNova

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:58:04 PM »
Found it... from program/js/app.js, commenting out the following part:

Code: [Select]
a=a.getResponseHeader("Location"),""!=a&&this.redirect(a),
...fixes the problem. I must admit, the compression looks kinda interesting  ::)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:56:01 AM »
There is also a app.js.src in the same folder that is uncompressed.

Offline DiscoNova

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 03:22:35 AM »
Heh... live & learn ;) This was the first time I ever had to make a modification, so I haven't actually gotten acquainted with the code.