Author Topic: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getmxrr()  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Etoner

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getmxrr()
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:29:05 AM »
Hello,

I'm usually good with installing / upgrading / managing Server's and so on but today I'm having a weird error which I can't figure out.

I was on Version 0.8.1 with everything working fine 100%. I did an upgrade, config/DB checks out ok, everything went smoothly, However now I can't send email through Roundcube and I'm getting "PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function getmxrr() in /program/include/main.inc on line 1754, (when about to check for MX Records).

I've searched various forums, read the top 20 results on google but  I can't come to a conclusion on what's happening. Anyone have an Idea on what can be causing this?

Just really don't want to have to reinstall and configure from scratch after running it successfullly for so long.  Thanks for your time and appreciate any help I can get.

Offline alec

Re: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getmxrr()
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 02:25:05 AM »
What PHP version and OS are you using? You can disable domain validity checks with setting email_dns_check=false.

Offline Etoner

Re: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getmxrr()
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:28:08 AM »
PHP 5.3.15 on a Linux Box. Disabling the DNS check did the trick.

Any idea what the difference is between 0.8.4 and 0.8.1 that would cause it to stop working?

Thanks for your help & time.