Author Topic: cPanel Installation and help  (Read 5662 times)

Offline wolfo

cPanel Installation and help
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:04:11 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am very new to the webmail game. I was hoping to get a little direction in properly installing and configuring this webmail client.  Through cPanel, I installed Roundcube manually through Softaculous which was incredibly easy!! Updated PHP through cPanel > PHP Configuration > select PHP 5 > click update.  I was sent an e-mail that provided a URL link to the Roundcube webmail and I am getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting '(' in /home/mpbas02/public_html/roundcube/index.php on line 144

I looked at index.php and on line 144 is the following:

$error_code  = RCMAIL::ERROR_INVALID_REQUEST;

I am not exactly sure what it is referring too.  A little guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

BTW, when I open the webmail through our domain www.domain.com/webmail Roundcube opens no problem.  The problem is that Lunarpages tech support said I cannot add plugins to this client and I would have to install it manually.  Do I have to disable this one first before I can use the manually installed instance??

Thanks in advance!!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: cPanel Installation and help
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »
I would recommend install RoundCube manually there seems to be odd problems with the version from Softaculous.

Offline wolfo

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
I would recommend install RoundCube manually there seems to be odd problems with the version from Softaculous.

Cool, I will give that a try and let you know how it goes!! Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:09:51 PM by wolfo »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 05:09:56 PM »