Author Topic: A few minor questions  (Read 3425 times)

Offline wolfo

A few minor questions
« on: December 01, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
I have a few minor questions to ask more for clarification than anything else!!

1. When registering plugins, do we just append the plugin's folder name after plugin_manager in config/main.inc.php?
     $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('plugin_manager','calendar'....'folderbuttons');

2. Where does the 'global_config' get registered at? Whenever I add it to the above array, before 'plugin_manager', I lose the Plugin Manager under Setting. Does 'global_config'/config.inc.php require configuration? Is there an example somewhere of the proper format to follow?

3. On myroundcube.com, it states that a SQL script must be ran on the SQL database for the calendar plugin to function (as well as other plugins). In cPanel, would I just go into "phpMyAdmin" and use the import utility to append the SQL database? Or is there an easier option?

Thanks in advance

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
Re: A few minor questions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »
Hi Wolfo,

1. When using plugin_manager you do not want to register plugins in .../config/main.inc.php. ( http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/plugins-installation#plugin_manager ).

2. global_config is the only plugin from MyRoundcube Plugins bundle that must be registered in /config/main.inc.php and should be registered BEFORE plugin_manager ( http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/plugins-installation#registering_plugin_manager_and_global_config ).

3. You can import the SQL script or open it with your preferred text editor, copy its content and run it against your Roundcube database via phpMyAdmin -> roundcube_database -> SQL -> paste_copied_query -> Go.

Offline wolfo

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:59:28 AM »
Thanks Yoni!!

When you are using plugin_manager, how do you register the plugins you would like to use? I see that you will have to modify the 'plugin_manager/config.inc.php' file to have the toggle buttons in the webpage. Is that how the plugin's are register and deregister?

The global_config is still a little confusing, when I add that to '/config/main.inc.php' the plugin_manager disappears. Is there an example of the 'global_config/config.inc.php' file that includes how to add the proper syntax to it. Maybe like the 'plugin_manager/config.inc.php.example' file shows how to configure the toggle buttons for the rest of the plugins.

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:53:23 PM »
When you are using plugin_manager, how do you register the plugins you would like to use?
When using plugin_manager MyRoundcube Plugins are loaded automatically. You do not want to register them in /config/main.inc.php.

I see that you will have to modify the 'plugin_manager/config.inc.php' file to have the toggle buttons in the webpage. Is that how the plugin's are register and deregister?
Read about Plugins Configuration Values for plugin_manager...

If you want to disable a plugin you can simply delete or comment out its configuration settings in /plugins/plugin_manager/config.inc.php. f.e:

Code: [Select]
/*'contextmenu' => array(
      'label_name' => 'contextmenu.pluginname',
      'label_description' => 'contextmenu.plugindescription',
      'active' => true
    ),*/

Another way to disable a plugin is by using the <property_key> and <property_value>, f.e:

Code: [Select]
'contextmenu' => array(
      'label_name' => 'contextmenu.pluginname',
      'label_description' => 'contextmenu.plugindescription',
      'protected' => true,   // <-- adding key [b]protected[/b] and value [b]true[/b] hides the plugin in the webmail interface.
      'active' => false    // <-- key [b]active[/b] and value [b]false[/b] makes the plugin inactive by default. Since "protected" = "true" users do not have an option to enable this plugin.
    ),

The global_config is still a little confusing, when I add that to '/config/main.inc.php' the plugin_manager disappears. Is there an example of the 'global_config/config.inc.php' file that includes how to add the proper syntax to it. Maybe like the 'plugin_manager/config.inc.php.example' file shows how to configure the toggle buttons for the rest of the plugins.
It looks like we have the wrong page up there (by mistake)... http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/global_config

Please, read on http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/global_config-plugin. That should help you figure it out. It is simple and you are smart enough already if you have Roundcube Webmail up and running.