Author Topic: folder sync when using multiple clients...howto?  (Read 3725 times)

Offline kcobean

folder sync when using multiple clients...howto?
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:22:15 AM »
I just recently discovered roundcube after using Squirrelmail for years and I love it.  Easy to set up and looks great and has good features.  One thing I've not been able to figure out is this.  When I used squirrelmail, I could check and move or delete messages on other clients (iphone is a perfect example) and when I next checked squirrelmail, my inbox would update.  i.e. messages that were deleted via iPhone were no longer in my inbox, etc.  Now, if I delete a message via my iPhone (not using Safari/roundcube, but the iPhone client) and then go into roundcube, the messages are gray'd out, have a delete icon next to them, but they're still in my inbox, so it appears that it is 'aware' of messages being moved, but it still shows them.  How do I change this behavior?

Thank you.

Kelly

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: folder sync when using multiple clients...howto?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »
In <RC root>/config/main.inc.php change $rcmail_config['skip_deleted'] to true.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
Your other clients are flagging the message as deleted, but not performing a final Purge operation to clear them out later. You can either figure out how to fix that behavior in the other clients, or you could change the Roundcube config on your RC server . The setting you want is:

$rcmail_config['skip_deleted'] = true;
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline kcobean

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »
Sweet.  Thanks guys!  On the iPhone mail client, the only setting I see that would be close to what I'm looking for is "Remove Deleted Messages After", and I think that would actually delete messages, which wasn't what I was looking for.  The main.inc.php file was exactly what I needed.

Thanks again.