Author Topic: Problem with a "From Scratch" Reinstall  (Read 10189 times)

Offline jpingle

Re: Problem with a "From Scratch" Reinstall
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
"Premature end of script headers" can also mean that the script died before it output any data to the browser. If that's the case, there should be more errors in the error log than just that one.

Can you paste the whole text of the last few lines out of the httpd error log instead of just the snippet you gave before?

I also just noticed that in your phpinfo() output, it says the server API is CGI. I am not sure what changes might need to be accounted for in that setup. Usually it's an all-or-nothing situation, since your phpinfo() page worked then the rest should work as well. You might still want to contact your host and ask them as well.

Offline Fox_Den

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 12:40:50 PM »
Most likely I used Winzip or the like (not exactly sure was many months ago).

No I don't have direct shell access, though I do have Cron Jobs access. In the past I've used that to do limited stuff directly on the server.

Offline daashag

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 12:58:03 PM »
dowload the latest build from tobix.org
extract with winrar not winzip

or setup a cron job to grab the latest svn

Offline Fox_Den

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »
PROBLEM FIXED it is now working. Thanks to all for your help.

Not sure exactly what fixed it. I deleted the entire directory once again, removed all the htaccess files (not just the one in the root which I had already done), nuked the DB, and started from freshly uncompressing the file once again. Uploaded, changed permissions, added the DB, and this time it worked.

So, once again thanks to everyone!