Author Topic: Usernames and email addresses problem  (Read 3164 times)

Offline jbedford

Usernames and email addresses problem
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:49:13 AM »
Hi, thanks in advance for help.

My website is hosted on a shared server. My email server is, for example 75.100.100.100, and is shared with others.

I have an admin area username (e.g. myserveruser) which doubles up as my catch-all email address. To log in to the email server I use the above server address, the username myserveruser and my password.

I also have email addresses (e.g. james@myserver.com, bob@myserver.com). To log into these I use the same server, the full email address as the username, and the respective password.

I've set up roundcube, and if I leave $rcmail_config['username_domain'] = ''; as blank then I can successfully log in to all accounts using the correct (full) usernames (e.g. myserveruser, james@myserver.com etc.)

Obviously I only have one account whose username doesn't have an @myserver.com part, and several that do. I'd like to be able to log in without typing the @myserver.com part in every time.

So I changed the above to $rcmail_config['username_domain'] = 'myserver.com'; and now I can just type in james or bob and the password and it logs in, but if I try myserveruser, it doesn't work (obviously because it's adding @myserver.com, and myserveruser@myserver.com doesn't exist).

Is there a way to make this work (e.g. using the virtuser possibilities)?

James

edit: this was addressed in the topic "login question" but not resolved - I can't set up an "@myserver" alias for the myserveruser, and I'd rather not redirect all its mail to another address if possible.