Author Topic: Hotmail rejecting all emails.  (Read 10093 times)

Offline Sweet-Calamity

Hotmail rejecting all emails.
« on: December 29, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »
At first everything was going okay...but then suddenly this happens
Every time I send someone an email and they have a hotmail or live address, I get this message coming up every time.

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:xxxx@xxxxxxx> SIZE=2664:
    host mx4.hotmail.com [65.54.188.72]: 550 SC-001 (BAY0-MC1-F22) Unfortunately, messages from 116.0.23.225 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

The trouble shoot says that hotmail and live have blocked it because of something to do with their policy and I should contact the owners of the web server I have been using.

I really do not want to change email servers as I really do enjoy using Roundcube.
But if this isn't resolved, I might have to.

Someone please help me.

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
Re: Hotmail rejecting all emails.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 03:30:25 AM »
You are asking in the wrong place. Your IP is in the hotmail-live block list. Your server IP has been flagged for some reasons. Make sure you are not in a dynamic IP and if you are, please use a relay to forward messages. Check with your Internet Service Provider or the person hosting email services/ server for you to resolve the black list issue in hotmail-live.

Good luck.

Offline Sweet-Calamity

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 04:13:44 AM »

I'm not very computer literate so you will have to excuse any stupid questions

How can I tell if I am in a dynamic IP
And what do you mean by Relay?

And when I looked up a ticket concering the same issue, they all said to post here for help

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »
This is not a Roundcube issue. The mail server that Roundcube sends mail through has been blacklisted. If you run your own mail system, you will need to work with Hotmail to get your server off their blacklist. If you are just an end user, you need to contact the admin/support people of who ever runs the mail system you use.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA