Author Topic: How do I create a simple login form on my homepage?  (Read 5453 times)

Offline kongbuur

How do I create a simple login form on my homepage?
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:27:38 AM »
Hello everybody,

I am creating a very simple homepage using Dreamweaver. I am no pro and no great coder, but I can make it work using 'design' in stead of code. And now I am at my webmail sub-page.

I have no need to host or incorporate the entire package of roundcube, i'd just love to have a "username and password"-box on my site - and when the user logs in, a new page opens and he'll be directed to where he's always been.

To put it short. Right now I just link to this page: https://ssl2.dotserv.com/remotewebmail/
Could I instead put the box from that site in my page, but still the user is sent to dotserv to read his mail?.

I saw this picture in another post: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fHUzHf-ZDGw/UO4A5GQwyhI/AAAAAAAAATs/6kdWPPKzZug/s591/roundcube.png
That would be even better (without the server - and without having the program on my server. Basically, I'd just like to skip one page)

So, is it possible?

I'm sorry if this question has more to do with my lack of coding skills than roundcube, but if anyone has a "div"-code"/div" or any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

If it has any interest, it is this site: http://www.buur-invest.dk/test/webmail.htm - and I'd just love to have a login box in stead of Lorem Ipsum or a link to a login page.

Thanks in advance.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: How do I create a simple login form on my homepage?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:36:50 AM »
It looks like you are using a shared install of RoundCube so you wont be able to make the necessary changes to RoundCube to do what you want. The picture you saw in another post is a picture of RoundCubes new skin "larry".

Offline kongbuur

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:57:46 AM »
Shared install? Dunno. I have a simple domain deal. You know, 1 domain, some 5 GB space, 10 emails, no mySql. To check the emails, you go to my link, click on a roundcube logo in a new window, enter data - and log in to the ISP's provided webmail. Personally I forward everything, but I have a couple of users who use my domains webmail.

So, to be able to do what I want, I must follow the guides here and install Roundcube to my page? (which is more than I want - especially since there are only 2 users.)
On the other hand, it could be quite nifty ;)

Offline kongbuur

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:10:33 AM »
iFrame? (is a word I just heard for the first time)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 03:10:51 PM »
You definitely are using a shared RoundCube install, in order to do what you want you would have to install your own copy of RoundCube. You could use an iframe, its not as good of user experience IMO but you could try it out to see if you like it.