Author Topic: How to update my roundcube?  (Read 7152 times)

Offline WeVo

How to update my roundcube?
« on: January 07, 2007, 09:53:44 AM »
Hello,

i am useing roundcube and i want to update ist to the new secure version. But there is one problem. I have modify a lot of files ind roundcube to personalize it. On the roundcube website i read that i must replace a files to update. Thats horror for me! Is there any other way to upgrade on this new version without replacing all files? Thanks a lot!

greetings

Markus

Offline Slug

Re: How to update my roundcube?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 10:09:59 AM »
I don't think so ...

Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline WeVo

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »
You think i must replace all files? Thats bad!

Offline WeVo

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »
OK. For your information i just do the update. But i only replace the index.php and the foler "program".
I think this should be ok. Because there is no reason to replace my skin folder etc.

Please correct me if i'm wrong!

greetings

markus

Offline jpingle

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 05:59:42 PM »
Sometimes there are necessary changes made to the default skin for new features or to fix bugs. You would probably be better off to do a diff between your skin and the original, and then recreate those changes with the updated skins.

Using older skins with a newer codebase is risky, and there would be no way to support it.

If you have your skin in its own folder, and did not modify the default skin directly, then you can always just put that folder back in and check for changes.