Author Topic: Missing Attachments.  (Read 4742 times)

Offline spwbot

Missing Attachments.
« on: January 08, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
Hello all.. i have 6000 users working with roundcube.. nice webmail but i have a problem. Sometimes when some people send emails i try to open the email with the attachment but when i try to read the messege i cant download the attachments because the attachment icon doesnt appear.

What is wrong?

Ty guys.

Offline thiagocosta

Re: Missing Attachments.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »
i´m having the same problem!

Offline jpingle

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 02:40:47 PM »
There has been some work on message parsing and attachment handling in recent SVN versions. You might want to give a recent (Revision 451 or newer) version a try. There are links in the SVN forum here with snapshots you can download to use, and there are upgrade instructions on the Wiki.

If you get stuck or need help, post in the SVN forum and someone should be able to lend a hand.

If the messages still do not appear right with a recent SVN version, it would help a lot of we had copies of messages that are not working, so that the problem can be properly diagnosed.

Offline spwbot

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 02:48:14 PM »
Thank you.. will review the svn version.

Offline jpingle

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 03:03:52 PM »
I had a similar problem with messages that only had certain attachment types that did not show up (due to the way the message itself was formatted) and I also had some HTML attachments that either did not show up or they showed up but when you clicked on them you got the message body again. Both of these have been fixed (the latter one was fixed in revision 451)

Good luck with the SVN version. Also, RoundCube is getting close to a 0.1-RC release which should have many of these fixes included.

Offline spwbot

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »
Well i did try installing the SVN version 451... it doesnt work... a pdf file called "05-Análisis - 3 por hoja.pdf" doesnt appear with the attachment icon when i did try to open or read the messege. :( So... i cant download it. That´s bad.
I think its a very important bug.
I hope someone will fix it in the future.

Best regards and thank you for the help guys.

By the way... i did send the email using Thunderbird. I did try with gmail and it doesnt happend. I think it is a Thunderbird problem maybe.

Offline jpingle

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 07:46:23 PM »
It could also potentially be a problem with character encoding of the filename. I have not tried filenames with accented characters, myself.

Offline spwbot

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 07:56:17 AM »
I think that is the problem. The accented characters. :(

Offline mmacosta

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »
I have the same problem, and it's not the accents.

Only happens if the e-mail was sent from Outlook.

Any ideas?

Offline kalimati

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 07:20:12 AM »
This thread was first posted in January and now we are in August, but I don't see any solution to the problem posted here. Any clues?