Author Topic: INTEGRATE HTML EDITOR  (Read 3802 times)

Offline zorensen

INTEGRATE HTML EDITOR
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:47:20 AM »
Hi RoundCube people :-)

Im lookig for sending HTML mails with RoundCube. I've been looking around the internet and have read that a WYSIWUG editor is integrated in the last version. I've got the last version, but I dont got an HTML editor so that I can send HTML mails?

Can anyone explain how I can get the HTML editor, so I can send HTML mails?
Please treat me as a newbie on this area ;)

And again; thanks for all the help I can get!

Offline jpingle

Re: INTEGRATE HTML EDITOR
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:02:16 AM »
RoundCube does have an editor for HTML messages (TinyMCE) in the current SVN revisions. If you can wait, it may be in the next release. If you'd like to try it now, you can try installing a recent SVN version. See the SVN forum for instructions and a download link, or check on the wiki.

Offline zorensen

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »
What is the difference between the SVN one and the one I have? (I've downloaded RoundCube from the site).

Can I easy upgrade to the SVN version if I want to? :)

Offline jpingle

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 12:28:25 PM »
There are many differences between the last release and the SVN version, including an HTML editor, a preview pane, and lots of bug fixes and enhancements. It's in the process of being polished up into a 0.1-RC version but there is no concrete timeframe on that release.

If you use an SVN snapshot that you download from the forum, the install/upgrade is just like any other version. Basically, save your config, update the DB tables, upload the new files, and make sure your config works (be sure to check the new .dist config files, a lot of options have been added). There are more detailed instructions here: http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/wiki/Howto_Upgrade