Poll

How much would account holders setting their own out-of-office & forwarding help you out?

It would be a god-send!!!
1 (100%)
It would be somewhat useful
0 (0%)
Not fussed either way
0 (0%)
Can't see the point really
0 (0%)
No - Don't do it!!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Out of Office and forwarding - User control  (Read 4223 times)

Offline gto

Out of Office and forwarding - User control
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »
Hi,

My web host uses roundcube, and although it's pretty good, the lack of control that account holders have over their account is causing me a lot of work.

The functionality is there to set out of office replies & configure forwarding, but you can only do it from the backend.

I can't imagine that it would be a huge amount of work to just add a few fields to the preferences page so that the mail account holders can do this themselves, so here's a request to please, please, PLEASE add the functionality to the front end as well as the back end...

When I wondered whether you'd implemented it & my host was just using an old version I had a search of your forums & saw a fair few people asking how account holders set out-of-office, but the reply is always that you can only do it from the backend, and only if a plugin has been installed.

I'm not the only one that would be a very happy bunny if you tweaked the front-end a little...

Many thanks,

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Re: Out of Office and forwarding - User control
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »
There are at least two different plugins that offer this function, using the standard sendmail-type vacation function on the IMAP server. I've had one implemented since v.0.6 or so.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA