Author Topic: SVN 452 Bugs [RESOLVED]  (Read 8724 times)

Offline SteveE

SVN 452 Bugs [RESOLVED]
« on: January 09, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »
Checking out the svn 452 and found a few things

In the apache error logs I get this message when composing a message
Code: [Select]
File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/roundcubemail/program/js/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/css, referer: [url]http://mail.mydomain.com/roundcubemail/?_task=mail&_action=compose[/url]
checking into this there is no css in the advanced directory (as the error says :p) so it's missing something, like a css directory. This doesn't seem to effect the pages functionality but an error is an error ;)

Another was with viewing a certain email, I'm not sure what's going on but it hangs when trying to load this one email (a SUSE Security Announcement) which is a PGP signed message.
I see in bug #1483818 that jpingle had PGP mostly displaying (making the PGP sig an attachment or plaintext) but I'm still seeing (or not seeing) a blank screen with no errors when viewing these types of messages. Only difference I has is the content-type is plain text which I would think should be displayed OK.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Offline jpingle

Re: SVN 452 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:50:52 PM »
Is there a way you could post a full copy of the message that hangs?

Feel free to alter/hide e-mail addresses in the file before you post it if you want, but in order to reproduce and hopefully fix the problem, we need as many messages as possible that are broken in some way. (And we need the whole message, headers and all)

Thanks!

Offline SteveE

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »
I was going to include that but...well...got lazy (didn't want to edit the headers since there is so much of it due to virus/spam filters :-[)
'mxb' is the primary mailserver on the domain and is forwarding mail to me on 'mail'

Oops, message is too long, try this link http://rafb.net/p/xBqSVj73.html

Offline jpingle

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:26:52 PM »
I have no problem viewing that message when I imported into my account. RoundCube doesn't even try to interpret the PGP block at all, and the entire message displays. So either the problem is not with the PGP interpretation, or there is something in your setup that differs from mine.

I suppose the problem could also be with text that was altered as a result of hiding the original e-mail address and domain, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

Are you using any certain localization settings? Do any errors show up in your Apache error log or RoundCube's error log?

Offline SteveE

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 05:16:59 PM »
Only localizations I have set are for en, I don't think I made any odd setting changes

jpingle, try this one removed It's the same thing with no edits (at least there are no passwords :))

This is on a cyrus-imap server if that might make any difference...at least it is only effecting PGP messages, most of the people that would use it are in sales and I don't think I need to tell you how technically inclined they are :D

For some reason I'm not getting any logs from Roundcube, I have debug_level set to 4 and the directory is writable...no errors on this in the apache2/error_log either, the only thing I see there now is the one from the first post which is unrelated to the PGP problem

Offline jpingle

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 06:06:03 PM »
I am also just using plain English (en)

I didn't have any problems with those messages, either. I am using Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.2.0, and Courier IMAP 4.1.1. I tried it in IE7, FF2.0.0.1, and Opera 9.10. You can take down those unedited messages since they don't appear to be relevant and I'd hate for a spambot to scrape anything from them.

It's weird that it just hangs when loading the message. Usually if it hangs, there is an error getting thrown somewhere. When it "hangs" is the browser still acting as it if it loading the page/message? Do you get an hourglass?

Any chance you can monitor the connection with tcpflow to see if the data is stopping mid-message or if it's all getting sent but the browser isn't showing it all?

Not that I could see how a 30k message would come near it, but have you tried raising PHP's memory limit to something higher, say 64mb?

Offline SteveE

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 01:38:01 AM »
Sounds like a simaler setup as mine, except I'm on apache 2.0.49 php 4.3.4 and cyrus-imap 2.2.3.
I've only tried with FF2 so far as most of the webmail users will be useing that.

It does stop loading the message after a minute, but displays nothing without a single error message anywhere. weird

I could check with tcpflow in the morning, but hopes aren't very high for any good info from it. I've increased PHP's memory to 24M due to earlier errors with webmail not having enough memory.

I'm also going to try reseting the main.inc.php and use mostly defaults to see if it was something I might have changed.

Offline SteveE

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 10:08:34 AM »
I think this might be a Firefox under Ubuntu problem and not RoundCube. At home with Firefox on Gentoo I had no problems viewing those messages and a new one that came in today shows up fine.
I don't think we'll need to worry about this problem and I was mistaken :)

Now, anyone know about that missing tiny_mce/themes/advanced/css?

Offline jpingle

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 10:58:24 AM »
I'll give those messages another try at home on FreeBSD with Firefox and Opera

As for the missing file error, I am not sure. I don't use the HTML editor, but when I turned it on for some testing I did get the same error. You may want to open a ticket for that, it should be an easy enough fix.

Offline SteveE

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »
Good point, submitted!
http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1484222

I've checked the trunk and this is also missing in the 456, should be easy to fix.
I've fixed it on my install by grabbing the latest tinyMCE (2.0.9) and replacing the directoy in the roundcube package. Looks good and no errors, so it just needs to be added back in the trunk

Offline jpingle

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 07:40:51 PM »
FYI-
I just tried those test messages with Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Opera 9.10 on FreeBSD (X.org, KDE 3.5.5) and they all loaded up fine.

Offline SteveE

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »
Ya, those are working for me now too...which really bothers me since I didn't change anything :o