Author Topic: Delayed Sending Plug-in  (Read 31707 times)

Offline roundcubenev

Delayed Sending Plug-in
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:06:21 PM »
About once a month I wish I could schedule an email to go out at a certain date/time in the future -- birthdays, to-dos, reminders to others, follow-up, asking about status of something, ... whatever.   After a little searching, I found this:

http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/scheduled_sending-plugin

It looks like it should do what I want. 

It says:
This is a handy and widely used plugin you don’t want to miss in your Roundcube installation!

Excellent!

I'd like to get comments on it.

Does my server master just:
- download it,
- unzip it,
- copy to the plug-in folder,
- run the database script to add the table
- adjust the config (if necessary)?

restart Roundcube?

Is that it?  Any other comments?  Server load?  Dependability?  Versions?  Updates?  Causes any trouble?

thank you
Neville Ryder

Offline roundcubenev

Re: Delayed Sending Plug-in
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »
I forgot to mention our versions.  There are two choices:
- Roundcube
- Roundcube 0.7.2

And I wasn't really sure where to put this post. ...  Maybe it should go in General Discussion.  ... So I put a link to it over there, too.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 11:37:49 PM »
If you want the plugin you'll have to install the plugin manager plugin and install it from there. I don't think the MyRoundCube plugins work with 0.7.x I think they only work on 0.8.x. Also just so you know you have to pay for most of the MyRoundCube plugins including the one you want http://myroundcube.com/myroundcube-plugins/plugin-manager/myrc-packages-pricelist

Offline roundcubenev

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 05:03:50 AM »
Ah, so it might not work in Roundcube 0.7.2.  But if it does it will cost 49 + 4 = $53 for the plug-in manager and the plug-in, if I read that table correctly.   And another $29 to have it installed, if so desired. 

Is that correct?

So, it's affordable and not crazy expensive, but I'll have to wait until he upgrades Roundcube to version 8.   Ok.

Thanks for the reply.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:10:20 AM by roundcubenev »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:05 AM »
The prices are different look a the table at the top of the page, they use a odd credit system and its in euros. I'd pretty much guarantee that the plugins wouldn't work in 0.7.x but you could ask them if they have a version that does.

Offline mitz-20

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 02:51:43 AM »
Is the delay sending email plugin still available, i need it. Thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 01:07:51 PM »
It's no longer available. I'm not aware of a current plugin that allows for scheduling emails, it maybe better to look at something outside of Roundcube to handle that.

Offline cyberdan

• www.roundcubeplus.com
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 01:41:42 PM »
We offer a paid scheduler plugin:  https://roundcubeplus.com/plugins/email-schedule

Email Scheduler & Undo Send allows Roundcube users to delay, cancel or schedule the delivery of their email messages.

1. Undo Send
A safety feature that allows you to cancel the sending of an email before it leaves your outbox.

2. Email Reminders
You can schedule your emails days or months in advance. Setup email reminders for your co-workers or even sent to yourself with the Email Scheduler.

3. Scheduled Emails
Are your clients in a different time zone? Or perhaps you worked over the weekend and prefer your email to arrive on a Monday? Now you can schedule your emails to be delivered at any time & date.

Roundcube Skins and Plugins
www.roundcubeplus.com