Author Topic: Roundcube having problems sending mail: Client host rejected: Access denied  (Read 10756 times)

Offline Paolo

Hi guys,

I have recently set up a mail server by following this walkthrough: flurdy.com/docs/postfix

I have set up everything and worked through a few problems however most of it seems to work.

I am now having a problem with roundcube and not too sure how to fix it. These are the relevant lines from  /var/log/mail.log

Feb 17 21:40:37 mail postfix/smtpd[26333]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 554 5.7.1 <localhost[127.0.0.1]>: Client host rejected: Access denied; from=<user@MyDomain.com> to=<anotheruser@MyDomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.MyDomain.com>
Feb 17 21:40:37 mail postfix/smtpd[26333]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1]

- I have already checked and my ip has not been blacklisted
 - This does work from another pc when I use thunderbird
 - I have confirmed that port 25 is open to send mail from the ISP

I doubt it is any extra information but the error message reads:
"SMTP Error (554): Failed to add recipient "anotheruser@MyDomain.com" anotheruser@MyDomain.com"

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
in your thunderbird settings have you enabled SMTP auth? if so then your need to do it in your roundcube config as well. look for $rcmail_config['smtp_user'] and $rcmail_config['smtp_pass'] in the main config file
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Paolo

Hi JohnDoh,

Thanks so much for that. A small detail overlooked has the power to cause countless hours of frustration.

Thanks for the help.

Paolo