Author Topic: Message cache goes away prematurely  (Read 3605 times)

Offline larrymcp

Message cache goes away prematurely
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:37:54 AM »
Hi guys-  we've got our settings configured to cache messages for 10 days.  But Roundcube doesn't appear to be holding the cache for nearly that long.   In fact, the caching seems to disappear after just a few hours.

Are these settings correct?

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['imap_cache'] = 'apc';
$rcmail_config['messages_cache'] = true;
$rcmail_config['message_cache_lifetime'] = '10d';

At first everything's fine after signing in, and I can jump around between folders and the message lists come up real quick.  But after a few hours pass, when I sign in to Roundcube I get the familiar "Loading..." message and a delay of several seconds while it's retrieving the message list.  It seems like this shouldn't happen since we set the cache for 10 days.

Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:39:57 AM by larrymcp »

Offline oldschool

Re: Message cache goes away prematurely
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »
Hi!

"apc" is a memcache daemon, right?

So, i think it's possible the available memory is so small it'll never reach the end of the lifetime of 10 days.
Maybe you should check your memcached config and the log files.

Rgds.

Offline larrymcp

Re: Message cache goes away prematurely
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:54:34 PM »
Oh-  thanks; I don't know why I didn't think of that!  Yes, of course, that seems obvious now.   Our server doesn't have much memory, so naturally we woud run out of room by choosing APC as the message index cache.

I've now changed the first setting to 'db' (database) for the cache.  That'll allow plenty of room for unlimited caching, and I'll take a look in a few days to see if that fixed it.

Many thanks for the suggestion!