Author Topic: Multiple acccounts one session?  (Read 7704 times)

Offline dwest

Multiple acccounts one session?
« on: January 12, 2007, 04:32:23 AM »
Hi,
I just loaded up RC and I'm very pleased with it.
I am curious if I'm missing something.

If I have say three different email accounts, can I view them all at once somehow in the same session? I saw a webmail package called crackermail that supposedly allows this.

Here is a user comment of it at hotscripts.

"Finally Some one who does it RIGHT!! I run a few different websites and have a few different email addresses.. Now an email script that let's me view all my email accounts at one time and letting me know how many emails I have. CrackerMail runs on the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS)"

Is this possible with RC?

Thanks!

Offline Spanner_Man

Re: Multiple acccounts one session?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »
*bump*

I am also quite impressed with RC.
As i also have serveral email addresses the ability to download all other email accounts via RC and being able to access all of my emails from one single clean interface like RC would be a dream come true.
I would also like to know if this is possible with RC, if so how do i configure RC to do this?

Thanks!! :)

Offline Stevie

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:42:35 PM »
It's not possible yet, but because it works via IMAP if you have a root e-mail account (normally just your username, the password to access a control panel), you can see all your folders in a collapsed tree because they are treat as separate in-boxes. You may have to subscribe to them.

It's not very efficient, but you can set-up multiple identities and forward all your e-mail to one global address which you login to and manage your e-mail from there. However, your e-mail won't get split up into folders or separate like it would if you logged in via root.

Offline microUgly

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 05:33:04 AM »
Would there be any problem with having roundcube installed on two seperate folders whilst confgured to use the same database?

I only need to check two e-mail accounts so I'd be happy to open two different URLs.

Or would there be an easier way that doesn't involve duplicating files?

Offline Julien

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 02:37:40 PM »
Quote from: microUgly
Would there be any problem with having roundcube installed on two seperate folders whilst confgured to use the same database?

I only need to check two e-mail accounts so I'd be happy to open two different URLs.

Or would there be an easier way that doesn't involve duplicating files?

Google RewriteRule