Author Topic: Imap error line 184  (Read 6881 times)

Offline basdejongg

Imap error line 184
« on: April 16, 2013, 09:33:20 AM »
Hello all
i am having problems with my roundcube installation on a synology(stock from synology does not have the features i need).
i installed the roundcube 0.9.0 stabile and ran the installer folder.
all was ok, and all connections where good.

when i try to log in, the following message shows up: Failed to login

when i open the log, this message appears:

[16-Apr-2013 14:29:23 +0200]: IMAP Error: Login failed for <mailadres> from <IP>. AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: Authentication failed. in /volume1/web/<domainname>/<foldername>/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /<foldername>/?_task=login&_action=login)

i tryed all account, personal, domain admin, Nas admin, sql admin, nothing seems to help
anyone any idea?

with friendly greets,
Bas de Jong

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Imap error line 184
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
Enable imap_debug and post the successful connection from the installer.

Offline degard

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
Hello,
i have similar issue and I test a lot oohing but I`m in dead end.

24.6.13 20:41:30   roundcube[3565]   IMAP Error: Login failed for test from 127.0.0.1. Could not connect to xxxxx.xxxxx.tld:143: Connection refused in /Library/WebServer/Documents/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

In the logs I`m getteing this message.

I was not able to complete installation because durring verification it is failing a nd cannot connect to server and display this message:
IMAP connect:  NOT OK(Login failed for roundcube from 84.42.181.148. Could not connect to xxxxx.xxxxx.tld:143: Connection refused)
the same problem with SMTP

I can connect via desktop client (mac mail) withou any problem via the same ports and from outside network.

In the mail access log there are not attempts to login, so no packets reach mail server itself. What other logs i can give you to be able to fix this?

Previously we were running older version 0.5.x and it worked fine for few years and the suddenly stopped working.
We tried to reinstall it, so we have currently almost running up to date version.
We have tried to drop database and let it rebuild
Create new user without any data
Change installation directory and set all data once again.

We are really in dead end and desperately need access to proper webmail

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:07:26 PM »
Its not a RoundCube problem so re-installing RoundCube wont help. What changed on the mac server that is hosting RoundCube when it broke? Can you connect to the IMAP server from the mac server?