Author Topic: Shared Memory dll used to connect to SQL Server 2000 was not found  (Read 10475 times)

Offline ForbiddenSoul

During installation of rouncube, on step 3. Test config I keep getting the same error

DSN (write):  NOT OK (SQLSTATE[08001]: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Shared Memory Provider: The Shared Memory dll used to connect to SQL Server 2000 was not found [126]. )
Make sure that the configured database exists and that the user has write privileges
DSN: sqlsrv://WebMail:******@localhost/WebMail

I have created the database name "WebMail'
User "WebMail" has write privileges
I have checked my PHP/ext directory to ensure php_sqlsrv.dll is there, and made sure the extension was enabled in my php.ini
I even tried logging in under the Service Account to make sure I actually did assign permissions correctly, and still get the error.

Using IIS, and MSSQL 2012

What do I have to do to fix the error?

Thanks!
ForbiddenSoul

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Shared Memory dll used to connect to SQL Server 2000 was not found
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:23:33 AM »
This isn't a RoundCube problem so you'd most likely get a better answer elsewhere. My guess would be something is wrong with your driver setup since the error says: "The Shared Memory dll used to connect to SQL Server 2000 was not found" and you said its acutely MSSQL 2012.

Offline ForbiddenSoul

Re: Shared Memory dll used to connect to SQL Server 2000 was not found
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »
Sorry guys, silly mistake, I was trying to connect to "localhost" instead of "MACHINENAME\SQLNAME".

I guess this was throwing an error because connecting to "localhost" will use a named pipe not shared memory...