Author Topic: a VERY basic question  (Read 3028 times)

Offline impwriter

a VERY basic question
« on: April 26, 2013, 02:20:57 AM »
Sorry to bother with such a simple question but i cannot seem to find the answer elewhere. I am using Roundcube as my webmail program and am confused by the link to "Download RoundCube". What does the downloaded program do that using it on the web doesn't? Does Roundcube then act like a regular desktop email program such as Thunderbird ( and the old Eudora?), or is it still different? and if so in what way? thanks.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: a VERY basic question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:47:57 AM »
i guess you mean the doanload link on rundcube.net. that link allows you to download all the files which makeup the website do you can put them on your own server. it is the same thing that someone did to setup the version of roundcube that you use.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline impwriter

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 02:37:34 AM »
John, thanks for your answer but I am still a bit confused. I get to Roundcube through the cpanel of my website. That brings me to a choice of one of 3 webail prgrams. The one whose interface i prefer by far is Roundcube ( the others are Horde and squirrel). so this brings me to a version of Roundcube. but this version lacks many features ( such as spellchecker, but much more) that i see on the forum people are somehow using on roundcube. How do i get to a Roundcube version with these features when my only access to roundcube is through my cpanel?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 02:41:44 PM »
if you cant install and setup roundcube yourself then you need to contact your host and ask them if they can upgrade or enable the features you want.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…