Author Topic: Strange issue... Username & Password boxes auto-filled with junk  (Read 4148 times)

Offline ephewe

Hey guys,

I'm currently using Roundcube version 0.8.3. Recently, I've been getting this strange thing happening... When I load the page (the login page), the Username box is auto-filled with "localhost" and the Password box gets auto-filled with something else (though it's masked). The only thing I've changed recently is adding an SSL cert and an SSL cert icon/link at the bottom of the login page. I can't figure out why this started happening. If you overwrite the Username and Password boxes with something valid, you can log in as normal. Nothing is *broken*, it's just this annoying thing where it auto-fills the login boxes with trash. I've obviously confirmed that this isn't just an issue with my browsers (and I tried the big 3). I also tried on 3 separate computers. Whatever the problem is, it's definitely on the site's end.

Does anyone have any possible idea as to why this might be happening? I'm pretty sure I didn't mess up the login.html page. Has anyone else ever had this happen before..?

I appreciate any input whatsoever as I'm all out of ideas ;p

Thanks!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Strange issue... Username & Password boxes auto-filled with junk
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:46:48 AM »
are you using any plugins?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline ephewe

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »
I am not using any plugins. Just a straight-up Roundcube installation. It uses my local IMAP server which is BincIMAP. For the life of me, I can't figure out why this started happening. The only difference is that the site is now being accessed over HTTPS (HTTP just forwards to HTTPS - this was not the case originally).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:16:29 PM by ephewe »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
you said you'd added some https stuff to the login page. did you just edit the skin template or make changes in the core?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline ephewe

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:25:53 AM »
I added some links to the template's login.html page (actually I did this on both larry & classic which are the only skins I have installed). You can check out the login page yourself:

https://www.buddychrist.com

Before you laugh at me, I just wanna say that this server is generally used by me and a bunch of friends for independent email. It's not something that I make money off of or anything like that. And it's not meant to offend certain people who might be inclined to be offended at something like that.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 02:15:26 PM »
I don't see anything in the login fields.