Author Topic: Request to Reinstate 'Out of Office' Feature in RoundCube  (Read 2201 times)

Offline nesoor

Request to Reinstate 'Out of Office' Feature in RoundCube
« on: August 09, 2023, 05:54:49 PM »
Hello RoundCube Members,

I am reaching out regarding a feature that was available on my previous web hosting server – the "Out of Office" message. This feature allowed my clients to conveniently set up their own automatic replies. Since migrating to my own server and installing RoundCube, I've encountered an issue. The current version, RoundCube 1.6, appears to lack this particular option.

Although the new version offers filters that enable automatic replies, I've encountered a limitation. I am unable to specify an end date for the auto-reply, which is a crucial aspect for me.

I have attached an example showcasing how this functionality was present on the previous server. I am hoping that it might be possible to reinstate this feature on my current RoundCube setup. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Request to Reinstate 'Out of Office' Feature in RoundCube
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 03:09:59 PM »
From your screenshot I'd say you previous provider had the managesieve plugin enabled with `managesieve_vacation` set to `1` "add Vacation section" the work (sending the out of office message) is done by the server, Roundcube is only a client and the managesieve plugin provides a configuration interface.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline nesoor

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 06:50:28 AM »
From your screenshot I'd say you previous provider had the managesieve plugin enabled with `managesieve_vacation` set to `1` "add Vacation section" the work (sending the out of office message) is done by the server, Roundcube is only a client and the managesieve plugin provides a configuration interface.

Hey JohnDoh,
Thank you for getting back to me, I genuinely appreciate your response.

After conducting a Google search for "Managesieve Vacation," I came across a GitHub link that seems relevant: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/plugins/managesieve/lib/Roundcube/rcube_sieve_vacation.php

Could you kindly confirm if this is indeed the plugin you were referring to?  :)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 08:44:35 AM »
[Although the new version offers filters that enable automatic replies, I've encountered a limitation. I am unable to specify an end date for the auto-reply, which is a crucial aspect for me.
The link you posted is to Roundcube's Github repo yes. From the above line I guessed you had already configured and enabled the managesieve plugin which is distributed with Roundcube. If thats true the param you want to change is in that plugin's config file. If you are using a different plugin then you probably don't want to run 2 filtering systems.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…