Author Topic: Another possible solution for 'Service Unavailable Error No. 1f4'  (Read 3983 times)

Offline hmag

Hi all,
 Having installed Roundcube for numerous clients, came across the first problem I have had installing it & got the very common 'Service Unavailable - Error No. 1f4)' message.

The install worked fine if the root mysql user was used as the roundcube database user, but not for the roundcube user which had been set up for the purpose, except for being able to access the first login screen.

After trawling the forums & not finding a solution, I began experimenting & found that setting in db.inc.php changing this line:

$rcmail_config['db_persistent'] = TRUE;

to read:

$rcmail_config['db_persistent'] = FALSE;

got everything working - hope this is useful for someone in future. MySQL 5.x was the db, in case you're looking for some solutiions when everything else doesn't. Bye for now, Terry

Offline jodo

Re: Another possible solution for 'Service Unavailable Error No. 1f4'
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 09:28:20 AM »
Quote from: hmag
After trawling the forums & not finding a solution, I began experimenting & found that setting in db.inc.php changing this line:

$rcmail_config['db_persistent'] = TRUE;

to read:

$rcmail_config['db_persistent'] = FALSE;

THX a lot!! You saved me from...whatever. It seems that my provider has changed sth in the server conf (running RC on shared webhosting) as suddenly it refused to work. It just showed the blank screen...

But finally this tip has made my day...after using RC for nearly half a year I cannot really live w/o :)

Tell me when you visit Cologne...I will pay for a round :D

This one does also help the blank screen, empty screen login page error. Perhaps it should be added to the title...

Offline hmag

Re: Another possible solution for 'Service Unavailable Error No. 1f4'
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
Hi again,
 Glad it worked for you. There are always gotchas on installations with the vast array of differing setups. I try to always post fixes for my own setups to save people from the same issues as I have had.

Bye for now, Terry