Author Topic: Facing problem with my translation  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Nipon

Facing problem with my translation
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:15:05 AM »
I have tried to translate roundcube into Bengali. I copied the messages.inc and labels.inc from the en_us folder to a new folder called 'bn' and then translated a few strings.

Then in localization/index.inc, under $rcube_languages = array i added this
Code: [Select]
'bn'  => 'Bengali',
That is the method to do a translation for any language? Am i right?

It was working fine after this with Bengali selected as language. At this point, I completed the entire translation i.e. completed whatever strings were yet to be translated. After that the user accounts with language option selected as Bengali stopped working. That is whenever those users open mysite.com/mail a blank page comes. i delete the cookies so that i can see the login page and login, but after login again i get a blank page. :'(

Can somebody please help me out. Let me add here that Bengali does not have a roman language script. Does that matter though?

Offline omarska

Re: Facing problem with my translation
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 12:37:28 AM »
I have absolutely same problem, only language is Serbian [sr]. Everything worked fine while messages.inc and labels.inc were ANSI encoded, but then serbian specific characters were displayed wrong. After testing messages.inc encoded in UTF-8, everything was ok, but when i uploaded labels.inc encoded in UTF-8, and all i get is blank screen instead of login screen in firefox. In IE i get login screen, but ater login, everything is blank.
Any solution? Thanx

Offline omarska

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 12:44:42 AM »
**UPDATE**
When I deleted serbian from localization directory, and clear [sr] entry from index.inc, i can login normally, like nothing happened. Which brings me to conclusion that something is wrong with translation file. I'll check file and then get back to you.

**UPDATE 2**
I didn't figured out what extactly was wrong with my translation files (messages.inc, labels.inc), but i rewrote them from scratch, using UTF-8 encoding, reuploaded, and everything works like a charm!

Nipon, you can try that, instead of losing nerves looking for problem.
Peace

Offline Nipon

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »
Quote from: omarska
i rewrote them from scratch, using UTF-8 encoding....

what do u mean by u wrote with UTF-8 encoding? I don't understand. Roundcube is having UTF-8 as charset. So what else do I do?

Offline bugler

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 06:36:16 AM »
Yes please,

explain what you mean by rewriting everything in UTF-8.

I have added some texts in Spanish and there are errors.

Offline Nipon

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:07:19 AM »
ok i figured out what omarska meant to say. i rewrote messages.inc and labels.inc in notepad and saved them with UTF-8 as encoding (you get to choose encoding in the file save dialog box) and things worled perfect. thanks to omarska. :)