Author Topic: a001 NO Authentication failed.  (Read 10717 times)

Offline markg85

a001 NO Authentication failed.
« on: February 15, 2007, 11:46:58 AM »
Hey,

i keep getting this: "a001 NO Authentication failed." highly annoying error message. could anyone help me with a sulution?

I want roundcube to work with DoveCot (i`ve got it working before... about one or 2 years ago) but somehow i can`t get it working this time..

dovecot is spitting out this:
dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected: user=, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
(doesn`t seem like a error to me)

i`ve tried logging in with the latest release on the main page and with the latest svn revision but both give me the exact same error. i`ve only alteres db.inc.php to fit the username and password. i didn`t changed main.inc.php (besides the error level to see the errors)

And there seems to be more people with this issue so lets clear this issue out of the way forever oke :)

Offline markg85

Re: a001 NO Authentication failed.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »
more debugging information:

auth(default): client in: AUTH   1    PLAIN  service=IMAP  secured lip=127.0.0.1  rip=127.0.0.1  resp=AG1hcmsAbWFyaw==
auth(default): passwd(mark,127.0.0.1): password mismatch
auth(default): client out: FAIL  1    user=mark
imap-login: Disconnected: user=, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

as you can see.. i have password mismatch issues.. now the problem is that i can login using ssh with the same password but i can`t with anything that`s dovecot related..

Offline Andre_E

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »
Hi markg85, i have allmost the same problem i think..... So i hope someone has the solution.
-- UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus. --

Offline FallenDevil

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:17:53 AM »
I am also having this issue with dovecot mail.

are you getting any pam authentication problems in /var/log/messages when you try to login???