Author Topic: Spam Folder?  (Read 7223 times)

Offline tjs

Spam Folder?
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:39:45 PM »
Hey,
Thanks for all of the help you guys have been, but I still have more questions! :D
I wanted to know if Roundcube filters spam e-mail, or do I have to configure something?
Thanks

Offline digitalslave

Re: Spam Folder?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 10:06:32 PM »
no it does not - things like spam assassin can wrap spam and retitle them as such.... hopefully in the future RC will be able to move such items to the "junk" folder.

just have to wait till a filter system is built.

Offline Heini_net

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 03:09:42 AM »
hi,

its able to checking mails for containing "Spam" in the Header and move it to an other Folder ?

i'm running MercuryMail Server and this can only add "SPAM" on the Header but i't cant move to the Junk Folder from every Member..

Offline xoqez

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 06:25:51 AM »
I have my spam assasin to filter Spam to a seperate folder and this folder can be subscribed to in roundcube. THis is very easy to setup in spam assasin. This is a pretty good way of doing this.

If it is filtered on the mail server i would think that this would speed up roundcube because if round cube had to sort on login it could slow it down. I am a big believer of the more that can be done by the server the better.

The problem with most mail clients is that there slow because the pages are two big and are designed to do too much.

Brett I am sure you could comment more on the speed of whether filtering will slow down roundcube
--
Venond; using roundcube since June 2006
www.venond.com