Author Topic: Changing Passwords with the plugin  (Read 3869 times)

Offline usafitz

Changing Passwords with the plugin
« on: May 15, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »
Hey all, I'm new to the forum, so first, I'd like to say hi and hello  :)

I've had some trouble configuring the password plugin.  Here's the log for after I tried to change my password on my roundcube site.

[15-May-2013 00:21:27 +0000]: DB Error: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.9.0/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 154 (POST /mail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save?_task=&_action=)

I think I narrowed it down to this setting in the config.inc.php file.  When I put in my root credentials, it was able to change my password... but that's obviously not the best way to do things.

$rcmail_config['password_db_dsn'] = "mysqli://MYSQL-USER:HASH-PASS-PHRASE@127.0.0.1/vmail";

What is the best way to configure this.  I am using virtual email accounts housed in a mysql database.  Which credentials should I be using in this setting and what type of hash is it using?  Where can I find this hash?  Any other information on how roundcube talks to the database would be appreciated if you have it.

thanks again for your help.  I look forward to hearing back from you.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Changing Passwords with the plugin
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »
The password can't be hashed, it has to be the actual password.

Offline usafitz

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 03:57:32 PM »
does the access have to be at the root level of mysql, or can I specifiy a database to access within mysql?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »
It should be a MySQL user with access to the accounts database, the less access to anything else the better.