Author Topic: Disable user to change all settings [tricky SOLVED]  (Read 7708 times)

Offline dogday

Disable user to change all settings [tricky SOLVED]
« on: May 23, 2013, 12:31:27 PM »
I would like to disable users to change settings.

No access to Configuration at all.

I have read this topic: http://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php/topic,10407.msg41429.html#msg41429

And it says adding "configuration option names" to the "dont_override" array in the main.inc.php file. I understan the way of doing this.

But where can I find a list of all the names I have to include in that array for this?

Is there documentation about all objects concerning the settings section?

Is there a plugin for this?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:27:32 AM by dogday »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Disable user to change all settings
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 12:40:54 PM »
The settings that can be put into the dont_override are in the user preferences section of the main.inc.php config.

Offline dogday

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
The settings that can be put into the dont_override are in the user preferences section of the main.inc.php config.

Thanks for your fast answer.

So I asume that there is not a way to disallow user to change all settings. Is this correct?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 01:03:46 PM »
There is no single global way to do this, no. I have several settings added to the dont_override array, but certainly not all of them.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline dogday

Re: Disable user to change all settings [tricky SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:41:51 AM »
I solved this issue hiding the buttons from the menus. I know options are accesible if you type the url in the address bar. My users: courious enougth to click a button and missconfigure their mail, but not to figure the full url.

So I have comment some code lines in this files to hide the code that renders that buttons:

I asumme you are using the Larry Skin.
header.html ---> comment this line:
Code: [Select]
<roundcube:button command="settings" label="settings" class="button-settings" classSel="button-settings button-selected" innerClass="button-inner" />
folders.html ---> comment this line:
<roundcube:button name="mailboxmenulink" id="mailboxmenulink" type="link" title="folderactions" class="listbutton groupactions" onclick="UI.show_popup('mailboxmenu');return false" innerClass="inner" content="⚙" />
mail.html ---> comment this line:
<roundcube:button name="mailboxmenulink" id="mailboxmenulink" type="link" title="folderactions" class="listbutton groupactions" onclick="UI.show_popup('mailboxmenu');return false" innerClass="inner" content="⚙" />
I suppouse that if you are using other skins you will have to look for code like I showed.

If you have a better solution or you can make better this one just post here.

Sorry for my english.