Author Topic: Roundcube Not Compatible with Windows Server 2012 and or PHP 5.3.25  (Read 11638 times)

Offline CLDistro

Server Hardware Information
Roundcube Mail version 0.9.1
Operating SyStem: Windows Server 2012
Processor: Intel Xeon E5 series 6 Cores
Memory: 32GB DDR3 SDRAM
PHP version: 5.3.25 Threat Safe
MySQL version: 5.6.11 (newest)

First of all, Roundcube is not compatible during the setup when PHP 5.3.25 non-Threat Safe is used, second, for some reason with new version 0.9.1, the user can login fine, but not a single mail in any of the folder, this bug happens before, and now again.

Please, have someone using the Windows server testing such software before release and claim it's Windows compatible, because clearly, it's not...

I decide to install AfterLogic Webmail Client Lite, takes less than the time with Roundcube and all the emails show up correctly, that proves the email server in this case, is hMailServer, is functioning properly, I can even receive emails from my Android device...

I guess not many people are using Windows Server platform on PHP? I have to admit, it's a multifunctional operating system that with lots of feature and resources that most user don't need. Maybe Linux will be enough; when using my other Linux box with Apache, I can see the email okay. But that's an older version of Roundcube with older server platform.

Offline alec

Could you try with enabled all *_debug options in Roundcube and provide logs? Most important imap debug log. Any errors in log?

Offline oldschool

Ahoy!

As simple as it is: Don't use M$ than it should run/work...
;)

Rgds.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:15:11 PM by oldschool »

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
I guess not many people are using Windows Server platform on PHP?
This. Yes, there's a place for Windows servers, but running PHP isn't one of them. I've encountered problems in the past with PHP on older Windows versions as well. These days I don't even bother to try. If something runs on PHP, I build a dedicated Linux virtual machine for it.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
In my personal experience Roundcube Webmail (including 0.9.x) runs fine in Windows servers (Server 2003- 2008 R2). I have not run it in 2012 specifically.

What I've done, in my own deployments, is to use isapi rewrite to allow IIS to properly rewrite apache rules. The process to deploy Roundcube and isapi rewrite in Windows should take you 10 minutes or less. PHP is not a problem as far as I can tell. I've ran it in 5.3 and 5.4 without problems. In fact, also look at wincache and watch your webmail and PHP in general flying in Windows servers.

Offline ActionHosting

Re: Roundcube Not Compatible with Windows Server 2012 and or PHP 5.3.25
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
Hi,

Just a quick message to let you know I'm running under the following setup:

Windows 2012 Datacentre Edition
IIS8
PHP 5.4 (Installed from the Web Platform Installer, then upgraded to 5.4 Non Thread-Safe)
WinCache for PHP 5.4
MySQL 5.5
hMailServer 5.4 (Using MS SQL Server as the backend DB)

I have roundcube working almost perfectly, excluding a couple of minor encoding issues.